• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Jimbothemagnificent's magnificent EP3

You read the whole thing?! Holy carp.

I've got a silverline machine polisher, they're only about £55. I'm just learning, I had an old car to practice on before I went near the civic. I've got an old bonnet from a Ka that was used for experimentation, definitely worth the £3 I paid for it!

Forgot to say...or did I?

Thanks a lot for the parts Jimbo, also enjoyed the drawing on the envelope, everyone else in my office believed it was pre-printed on the envelope. So nice work.

What, you didn't get the rest of the KA for the £3 you paid? :lol:
They probably would have paid me £3 if I'd taken the whole car!

Forgot to say...or did I?

Thanks a lot for the parts Jimbo, also enjoyed the drawing on the envelope, everyone else in my office believed it was pre-printed on the envelope. So nice work.

No worries bud, glad to help. Hah, yeah a lot of people over the years have asked me where I get 'those awesome printed envelopes', I though the facepalm drawing was appropriate considering what we went through!

You read the whole thing?! Holy carp.

^^^
I'm planning on doing a bit of carp fishing this weekend...... Not sure I'd call them holy though :lol:

yeah was bored at work so a little bit of light reading was needed haha thanks jimbo ill have a look at then and see if i can steal an old bonnet from someone to practice on, do you use any compounds with the polisher like a 3 step corse, medium and fine

Usually I just use autoglym polish 2-3 times a year, the different pads don't affect the outcome much unless you're really giving it some. The polisher actually sees more action as it's alter-ego; The Grinder. Sounds like a filthy euphemism, I know, but it's really just a grinder with a soft-start function when you get right down to it.

That's a skill I would love to learn sometime.

I have no idea what you are planning, but oh how I hope its a ghetto turbo job haha ;)

Yeah, I'm having A LOT of fun learning! It's like having super powers. Even the basic welder that I'm using can put out scary amounts of power, I spent the first hour just blowing holes in thick steel. I'm slowly getting the hang of it, but it's definitely a bit of an art. Joining two different thicknesses together (like the pic above) has taken ages to learn.

Not a turbo. This car is all about the old skool tuning, making the most of what's already there. So instead of adding lots of off the shelf bracing, I'm seam welding the interior. Hence the hours of stripping sealant and soundproofing. It's almost ready to go, just a few more hours of wire brushing ](*,). One thing I've learnt about welding; it's got to be PROPERLY clean, bare metal.

That's a good idea jimbo! I wonder how much of a difference you will instantly feel once its done and back together! Would love to see how easily this pulls away from a standard car like mine!

You know what, this is the first time in forever I've bought a newspaper. So, off to the newsagent I went for a newspaper and bottle of milk, laughing inside at the feeling of blending in with all the locals. I was actually excited, it was a trip down memory lane: Many years ago I lived in a house that was the second in a large complex of made to order houses, so we had a building site next door for years, best playground ever. The builders would buy the Sun everyday and leave them in the inadequately secured office, so we would sneak in at night and spend quite a lot of time discussing the days.....offering.....you know, near the front....'front' in fact being the important word. The wondrous page would then be snuck into my house and locked in The Briefcase, which was passed around between us for .....perusal. It was a happy time when we had no cares in the world and spent many hours locked in our bathrooms with The Briefcase, not to put too fine a point on it, masterbating furiously as if our lives depended on it.

Good times.

BUT, having walked home from my gloriously mundane trip to the shops with a keen sense of anticipation, it was to find NO B00BS! WHAT BETRAYAL IS THIS? I checked and rechecked. Football, propaganda, abysmal wordplay, plagiarism..... it was all there, but the one thing, THE ONE THING, that I craved was missing. Well, two things I suppose. It ruined my day.

Still, it made me appreciate the internet all over again. Don't worry, this story did have a happy ending.

Back