• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Joe's New 2004 Black Civic EP3

Hi

Here is My 2004 Honda Civic Type R EP3

i bought this car as i no longer do the miles that i used to do, so the extra fuel cost and insurance wasnt an issue, this is my daily driver car even though it will hardly be used weekdays and only really on the weekends when i dont work, the car is standard except from uprated brakes front and rear,

because this is my daily driver i will be doing very little changes to the vehicle it will be more styling than any thing as i want to keep it immuclate (i will post below a list of things i want to do)

bought11/12/12

Mileage 79360

Serviced

• 13/05/2005 @ 12465
  • 24/05/2006 @ 22732
  • 26/04/2007 @ 29919
  • 13/05/2008 @ 35658
  • 11/05/2009 @ 49428
  • 11/05/2010 @ 52510
  • ******* (Previous owner said the Honda Garage forgot to stamp the book FIND IT HARD TO BELIEVE as there is also no paperwork)
  • 09/03/2012 @ 68280
Even though there isnt a stamp for 2011 the car is immuclate no scratches or rust what so ever and runs perfectly, also another reason i bought it was all the paperwork that came with it,

the previous owner didnt look like any jack the lad as i didnt want to buy the car if it look like it had been ragged the S**t out of, also he said the owner before him was an older fella so hopefully the cars been well looked after in its life time

the pictures are ones i quickly took from my mobile so the quality might not be amazing also i had just cleaned all the road salt off the car before taking the pictures

IMG_20121209_130422ForumEDIT_zps4a4a4aed.jpg

IMG_20121209_130410ForumEDIT_zpsf6a8e629.jpg

IMG_20121221_153443ForumEDIT_zpsf2c69f6e.jpg

IMG_20121221_153458ForumEDIT_zpsfcbb047e.jpg

IMG_20121221_153542ForumEDIT_zpsbf6565a9.jpg

IMG_20121221_153332ForumEDIT_zps55a05f56.jpg

List of mods in the future
  • New type R mats as mine are a little worn
  • Pioneer APPradio2
  • window tints
  • Earthing kit
  • Mugen oil and rad cap's
  • HID's
  • LED lighting all round (interior, plate ect)
  • leather gear gater
  • DC5 pedals
  • battery tie,
  • Tow strap
  • prosport EVO LED Gauges (Wideband AFR, Volts, Oil pressure)

Nice car that, certainly looks smart in the pics and nice history too!

Had a similar story with the last service on mine......... he wrote in the book (not stamped grr!) that it had new discs and pads, oil and spark plugs. Got there and the spark plugs were in the centre console and the discs and pads were in the boot!? Luckily, the car still was good and has since had the big service at Honda with me!!

Joe's New 2004 Black Civic EP3 UPDATE

Hi Guys,

5/1/2012 mileage 80461

just a little update, yesterday my Pioneer Appradio 2 SPH-DA100 arrived,

so today i fitted it well 50% of it is installed still got to fit the GPS sensor, microphone, propally fit the iphone cable as i have got it coming out under the glove box (needs to be tidied up asap lol) oh and jail break my iphone

PICTURES OF THE APPRADIO

IMG_0054EDIT5113_zps0fda42e2.jpg

IMG_0055EDIT5113_zps44534cc8.jpg

for the screen to work the handbrake needs to be up and one issue with pioneer is you cant just ground the handbrake cable or connect it to a 12v signal to get it to work, pioneer stereos need to see a 12v signal i.e hand brake on when parked, then loose the signal handbrake down when driving then to see the signal again once the cars stopped and the handbrake on here is how i bypassed this issue

IMG_0057EDIT5113_zps2f2d4486.jpg

also i dont like crimps as its possible for them so come loose so here is a random pic of my souldering which i double heatshrunk afterwards, also were i had to crimp i.e the space terminals to the relay i also used heat shrink around the connectors

IMG_0056EDIT5113_zpscc8eb3c3.jpg

LAST BUT NOT LEAST PHOTO WHITH THE APP RADIO FITTED, IT CURRENTLY DOSNT HAVE A FASCIA AND THER IS A GAP SO I SORT THE OTHER CABLES ON THE APP RADIO WHEN I BUY ONE

IMG_0058EDIT5113_zpsb8225f59.jpg

IMG_0059EDIT5113_zpsd0b0c89c.jpg

FUTURE MODS
  • New type R mats as mine are a little worn
  • Pioneer APPradio2 50% COMPLETED
  • window tints
  • Earthing kit
  • HID's
  • leather gear gater
  • DC5 pedals
  • battery tie,
  • Tow strap

Cheers for the comments guys it looks good in the pic in the dark but without a fascia it has a gap around it, I could of used a double din cage and fascia supplied with the stereo and removed the Honda cage behind but then tealeaves would be able to steal it were the Honda cage the radio screwed to it so it can't be stolen ha-ha

Oh i see now, was the angle of the photo, thought it had a double din fascia fitted! Yep know what you mean, my single din stereo is still bolted in like the standard one, so no cage was needed with that!

Hi Guys,

Another little update 7/2/2013 Mileage 81000

This arrived Today and were fitted, also had the car serviced and a Honda Health check, only adversary was rear wiper blade need replacing, so off to EBay for that as I think £12 from Honda is a little dear,

IMG_0091ForumEDIT_zpsf98fddca.jpg

Anyhow this is how the service stands at this point in Time,

Serviced

• 13/05/2005 @ 12465
  • 24/05/2006 @ 22732
  • 26/04/2007 @ 29919
  • 13/05/2008 @ 35658
  • 11/05/2009 @ 49428
  • 11/05/2010 @ 52510
  • ******* (Previous owner said the Honda Garage forgot to stamp the book FIND IT HARD TO BELIEVE as there is also no paperwork)
  • 09/03/2012 @ 68280
  • 07/02/2013 @ 81000
I was hoping my Double Din Fascia would arrive to I could get that fitted but never mind, I haven’t taken a picture of the mats in the car as the better half drove my car to Honda for its service and she already got the mats covered in mud (1.2 Miles the mats have covered and are already dirty) ha-ha

FUTURE MODS
  • New type R mats COMPLETED
  • Pioneer APPradio2 50% COMPLETED
  • window tints
  • Earthing kit
  • HID's
  • leather gear gater
  • DC5 pedals
  • battery tie,
  • Tow strap

sure is mate, after all there done as well i might then think about the performance i.e JRSC or keep as is then sell it in the near future

Hi Guys

8/4/2013 Mileage 83261

been a while due to few home and work issues but i have Finally completed the install of my Pioneer Appradio 2 i had slight change of planns with it, in the end i decided to smooth the fascia and plastidip the centerconsole Red, the reason i Plastidipped it was because you can just peel it off, also while doing this i decided to change the gear gater for a leather one and changed all the Neo Wedge bulbs behind here with LED's (accept the Hazzard Button i didnt see that one ha-ha) any ways here are some images of the progress and a Instagram image of the final product lol only thing now is the jailbrake of my Iphone 4s

IMG_0019EDIT_zpscae4015b.jpg

IMG_0094EDIT_zps2ed93376.jpg

Final Image (ingsagram one lol)

IMG_0099_zpsd17e57b3.jpg

I also want to Say thanks to

Craig Brewster & Jordan Brewster
Back2New
Milber Trading Estate
Newton Abbot
TQ12 4SG
Tel: 01626 368844
for Carrying out the smoothing to my fascia and center console, i highly Recommend them for the quality and Value

Next item on the agender is the Window Tints so i can get the Forum Stickers on the windscreen and also the HID's

FUTURE MODS
  • New type R mats COMPLETED
  • Pioneer APPradio2 COMPLETED
  • window tints
  • Earthing kit
  • HID's
  • LED lighting all round (interior, plate ect) 20% COMPLETED
  • leather gear gater COMPLETED
  • DC5 pedals
  • battery tie,
  • Tow strap

Hi Peeps,
11/5/2013 Mileage 84368

Little update I brought a K&N Typhoon induction kit as I got it for a good price Thanks Matt Bishop for it wasn’t something I wanted as this is my daily driver and I’m happy with the performance but as for performance a air filter and a Exhaust is as far as I will be going for now J

Here is a picture of the kit fitted; now it’s soon time for the engine bay to be cleaned I also want to replace the Crankcase Breather for a red piping instead of the nasty black one but I’ll do that when I to the rest of the piping also I will be keeping the standard box in case I decide to go back to standard

FUTURE MODS

• New type r mats COMPLETED
  • Pioneer APPradion2 COMPLETED
  • Window tints
  • Earthing Kit
  • Mugen Oil and rad cap’s
  • HID’s
  • Leather gear gater COMPLETED
  • DC5 pedals
  • Battery tie
  • Tow strap
  • Prosport EVO LED Gauges (Wideband AFR, Volts, Oil pressure)
  • K&N Typhoon Induction Kit COMPLETED **Additional

Hi there just a little video of the sound of the Typhoon under a tunnel which I recorded while my mate drove the car and some picture of the car after being cleaned

Hi Again a very little update,

25/5/2013 Mileage 84855

I brought a pair of team Hecko Wind deflectors very cheap thanks again Matt Bishop and Gem Bishop for selling them very cheap so I fitted them and thought id upload a pic also i was given a pair of Honda Washer Jets for Free and i have also got some red vacuum pipe which i will be using for the washer tubing, i will up load a pic of the washerjets once fitted

FUTURE MODS

• New type r mats COMPLETED
  • Pioneer APPradion2 COMPLETED
  • Window tints
  • Earthing Kit
  • Mugen Oil and rad cap’s
  • HID’s
  • Leather gear gater COMPLETED
  • DC5 pedals
  • Battery tie
  • Tow strap
  • Prosport EVO LED Gauges (Wideband AFR, Volts, Oil pressure)
  • K&N Typhoon Induction Kit COMPLETED **Additional
  • Wind Deflectors COMPLETED

Hi I'm trying to install the same stereo unit in my 04 ep3.

What extra things did you need to connect the power supply up?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Back