• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

^Joe's Satin OEM EP3

To do's:-

Wheel refurb
New discs/pads all round
JDM Mats
Light tints (premier)

In that order... Should keep me going for a while

Wheel refurb
New discs/pads all round
JDM Mats
Light tints (premier)

Perhaps think about not doing that, everyone has it, I wish I didn't have it done sometimes just to stand out a little.

Perhaps think about not doing that, everyone has it, I wish I didn't have it done sometimes just to stand out a little.

Aye, it is quite a 50/50 at the mo, the rest are 100% though.

Also, been offered an AEM induction for £75... sound reasonable? - all the bits included, the one that goes to the bumper (v1?)

Had a look on your thread and car looks mint! You got to have some time to get your car looking that good. Wish i could, though i wouldn't know where to start! :(

Few questions;
  • What polisher/buffer have you got?
  • What site do you mostly use for buying car cleaning products?
  • Are you on Japmids.co.uk? There's a Meguiars seminar next sat at their headquarters.
  • Lastly whats your stock on cleaning stuff (polish/wax etc)? A list would be great. :D
Sory to be a pain!

As for the AEM V1, it is a good filter and has had good reviews of it being a good alternative if you don't want to buy the GruppeM :cool:

I had one for about a year, it gave good gains, though when it rained i had to watch out for deep puddles/floods, as water can sometimes get sucked up into the engine causing Hydrolock.:eek:

Wheel refurb
New discs/pads all round
JDM Mats
Light tints (premier)

Oh and as for alloy refurbishment, if you find a decent place, give me a shout as i need all 4 of my alloys doing! :lol:

Had a look on your thread and car looks mint! You got to have some time to get your car looking that good. Wish i could, though i wouldn't know where to start! :(

Few questions;
  • What polisher/buffer have you got? - I use a Rotary polisher
  • What site do you mostly use for buying car cleaning products? Polished bliss, serious performance, rubbishboys, cleanyourcar, elitecarcare
  • Are you on Japmids.co.uk? There's a Meguiars seminar next sat at their headquarters. - nope
  • Lastly whats your stock on cleaning stuff (polish/wax etc)? A list would be great. :D - No chance, farrr too long lol, pop over one day :D
Sory to be a pain!

As for the AEM V1, it is a good filter and has had good reviews of it being a good alternative if you don't want to buy the GruppeM :cool:

I had one for about a year, it gave good gains, though when it rained i had to watch out for deep puddles/floods, as water can sometimes get sucked up into the engine causing Hydrolock.:eek:

Cheers mate, questions answered above. Where abouts you from?

Cheers mate, questions answered above. Where abouts you from?

Cheers for answering those questions Joe. I live in Stenson Fields, not far from the ASDA shopping centre.

As for the rotary polisher does it have a brand name? I should have been more specific in my question.haha.

Yeah, it's a silverline orange polisher. Kingdom tools sell them.

Also have a da for spare.

Has it been reliable? As i was in the process of buying a Porter Cable 7274 or the UDM from America, though its abit of hassle with plugs and that you see.

Last edited by a moderator:

How easy are these to use looking at buying a polisher but dont really want to shell out for a pc or a megs. Are they ok for a beginner

Dont be scared of using a rotary, when I first started looking into polishers I went for the Megs dual action because of the horror stories about paint burning with a rotary polisher.However I wasn't very impressed with the megs so I went and got a Makita Rotary polisher. Personally I find this far easier to use and the results are fantastic. I would suggest you get a PTG gauge for piece of mind, Allways nice to know how much you,ve removed.

How easy are these to use looking at buying a polisher but dont really want to shell out for a pc or a megs. Are they ok for a beginner

Easy with experience mate, as said, you would be safer with a PTG.

The Kestrel DA's are the same as the G220 / UDM / PC. £80, and they are good :)

2009_0207redmistp10001640x480.jpg

2009_0207redmistp10002640x480.jpg

2009_0207redmistp10003640x480.jpg

2009_0207redmistp10004640x480.jpg

2009_0207redmistp10005640x480.jpg

2009_0207redmistp10006640x480.jpg

2009_0207redmistp10007640x480.jpg

2009_0207redmistp10008640x480.jpg

2009_0207redmistp10009640x480.jpg

And what I'm going to repair:-

Progress pics will follow.

2009_0207redmistp10012640x480.jpg

Just about to order a new fob, then book in the wheels :D

I love it.

Picture 5, the wing seems to be sticking out a tad, where it meets the door, in the bottom half of that edge.

How's your brother Mike these days?

Picture 5, the wing seems to be sticking out a tad, where it meets the door, in the bottom half of that edge.

How's your brother Mike these days?

It's just the picture. I've double checked to, it's pretty good.

Mike is fine, how's your mum? The sexy slut. :)

Back