• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

^Joe's Satin OEM EP3

don't know, pretty sure it is something rattling in the tailgate tbh, but it's stripped and I've tightened it all up. :confused:

Bootlid is stripped, or do you mean the stuff on there? I can't get the wiper motor off as the blade won't come off its spline :(

You can buy little "wiper pullers" that will get that off...

sealey-wiper-arm-removal-tool.jpg

Do a great job....I fashioned one out of a bearing puller, it somehow worked quite well... :)

Boot rattles are a pain in the arse...if it isn't in your bootlid then maybe strip out the interior side panels and investigate behind them...

try turning arm as if its cleaning window, but by hand, add more pressure backwards and forwards with WD40 untill it moves? I had a rattle last year rear pads needed adjusting and copper grease ? when does it make the noise ? bumps, turning ?

Yep, tried that too LOL. I will have to get you to do it! :)

Itonly happens when I go over a bump, when the rear end drops, rear pads were changed the other month, it's more like a sound of a piece of metal banging on something, like the sound of the tailgate shutting

Was noise their before pads changed ? only other things i can think of antirollbar links or bushes, might be number plate my mate had this took him months to find it ?

Noise was there before the pads, been there ages. After driving and looking backwards it has to be inside the car somewhere, catch is a possibility. :/

Jermal, what?

With the boot lid shut try pushing on it to replicate the noise. My saxo boot lid use to rattle, moved the catch slightly and the rattle went. Unfortunately it was replaced with an even more annoying squeak.

With the boot lid shut try pushing on it to replicate the noise. My saxo boot lid use to rattle, moved the catch slightly and the rattle went. Unfortunately it was replaced with an even more annoying squeak.

Tried, and it doesn't make ther noise :lol:. I Will have to get someone else in the car to watch it whilst I go over bumps.

Just laughing at your anal approach to getting rid of stuff people will never see.

What has been seen, can not be unseen.

Plus if I keep the car for a few years and the rust turns to rot, that could be a fail. Prevention > correction

Now youv'e de-wipered you seem to have a big plastic circle on your rear windscreen:lol:

Sorted your rattle out yet?

Don't be sorry mate. :)

Although there's not much difference, there's just no big piece of plastic on the rear window :p

Back