• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Jperformance Spoon n1 replica problems

Well, only those who take the cheap option then complain when it falls apart.

Thats just f*#king sad isnt it?!?!

It depends.

Your intentions were good, you bought a cheap product and it didn't last. So you tried to warn the forum.

The problem is, the lads on here have seen this stuff a million times. Then when people come on here and complain / warn others time after time on buying cheap parts, it basically starts the 'I told you so' attitude.
It's not welcoming for new members but you need a thick skin here.

Well, only those who take the cheap option then complain when it falls apart.

Read the previous posts! First time ive needed to go cheap mate, as my budget was limited due to previous spends before realising the exhaust needed replacing, and sooner rather than later!!! This was never about complaining or having a moan...just a heads up to others who 'maybe' are considering buying one of these silencers...
the DC SPORTS ss race header wasnt cheap at £499 a few years ago but that didnt stop bits falling off it!!!
For the last time now folks...i aint moaning or complaining...just letting others know to be wary of this company, thats all. At least one person has been gratefull of this thread as he was going to get an fn2 cat back but my post changed his mind, so i am glad about that. Thats what i thought these forums were usefull for...not for every man & his dog to just take the p..s!? seems like alot of that goes on on here from other threads ive browsed through over the weekend. Seems to be the people who have been on here the longest too, shame really.

I paid £150 for a set of flaps for the Scooby at the beginning of the month. I didn't think that was over the top expensive to be fair.

Yes I could have bought some similar ones from a seller on eBay in the UK for much much less, but I went for the ones that were tried and tested and that I knew would last, albeit from the US with all the rigmarole of customs etc.

Fair play for coming on as a newbie and telling people not to waste their money on this exhaust. It's a good thing that you have.

As has been said though, this is the internet, you've made a cock up and held your hand up. Ride the punches and come out of the other side. ;)

It depends.

Your intentions were good, you bought a cheap product and it didn't last. So you tried to warn the forum.

The problem is, the lads on here have seen this stuff a million times. Then when people come on here and complain / warn others time after time on buying cheap parts, it basically starts the 'I told you so' attitude.
It's not welcoming for new members but you need a thick skin here.

Yes mate, i get what your saying...but...if they have heard it all before then why even bother responding to my post? There will be plenty of others who may find it useful. I trimmed a steering wheel for a guy from stoke a couple of weeks ago who was thinking of getting one, when he picked the wheel up he saw my silencer and told me he was going to order one aswell but i changed his mind...other people are looking at having this silencer and i just wanted save them the aggro ive had. Simples!!

Yes mate, i get what your saying...but...if they have heard it all before then why even bother responding to my post? There will be plenty of others who may find it useful. I trimmed a steering wheel for a guy from stoke a couple of weeks ago who was thinking of getting one, when he picked the wheel up he saw my silencer and told me he was going to order one aswell but i changed his mind...other people are looking at having this silencer and i just wanted save them the aggro ive had. Simples!!

They respond because they enjoy taking the p*ss.

Youre helping out and the newbies who come across this thread will hopefully think twice before buying.
Best bet is to buy OEM unless you can afford decent parts (that's for the newbies viewing)

You're not getting too much grief, if you want see grief then go view my S15 thread. :lol:

I paid £150 for a set of flaps for the Scooby at the beginning of the month. I didn't think that was over the top expensive to be fair.

Yes I could have bought some similar ones from a seller on eBay in the UK for much much less, but I went for the ones that were tried and tested and that I knew would last, albeit from the US with all the rigmarole of customs etc.

Fair play for coming on as a newbie and telling people not to waste their money on this exhaust. It's a good thing that you have.

As has been said though, this is the internet, you've made a cock up and held your hand up. Ride the punches and come out of the other side. ;)

AT LAST!!! someone who gets why i started this thread!! Thanks Loxy. Nice to meet you mate. In all honesty mate if i had got the £400 i would have gone for the genuine but i needed something pronto so, regretfully, made the wrong decision!
will have to get a load of wheels trimmed so i can get one as soon as possable!!

They respond because they enjoy taking the p*ss.

Youre helping out and the newbies who come across this thread will hopefully think twice before buying.
Best bet is to buy OEM unless you can afford decent parts (that's for the newbies viewing)

You're not getting too much grief, if you want see grief then go view my S15 thread. :lol:

Thats 2 people who understand...at last some normal response! Ive paid out for some branded parts in the past such as DC SPORTS & TAROX etc and they were pretty poor so it just shows that just because its branded that is any good...i took a chance and it didnt pay off, now i will be trimming like mad so i can have the genuine part as soon as is possable. I have never gone cheap in the past mate, as you will see once i fugure out how to put photos up on here!! Not that clued up with computers and the interweb! Hahaha
my plan was to save for a pair of buddy club recliners cos its an old car and the seat bases look a bit worn now, but they'll have to wait a while now until i have spoon n1.

You could probably buy a decent used JDM catback for the price of a new N1. Have a look around when you have the money on here and CTRO. A rage post on a forum won't really get you anywhere either, have you contacted trading standards yet?

You could probably buy a decent used JDM catback for the price of a new N1. Have a look around when you have the money on here and CTRO. A rage post on a forum won't really get you anywhere either, have you contacted trading standards yet?

Morning Alex...trust me mate...i am not in a rage about this...i accept the mistake i made, was just trying to let other people know about these silencers. Should have the money for a spoon within the month mate. i need paying for 3 steering wheel retrims and i should have the cash for a spoon silencer. A guy in greece owes me £330 for retrimming a dc2 steering wheel in alcantara/leather and ive put him a carbon top on it. Just needs sewing and then he can pay me...& ABP motersport owe me for 2 wheels yet aswell, so will pop over there at the weekend also.

I understand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Morning mate...i am glad at least some people on here do. Was begining to wonder why i bothered starting the thread, but at last some normal people. Nice to meet u too by the way mate!

Btw, if you check CTRO, seems a lot of people have to bend the hanger to bring it away from the car as someone else has mentioned it knocking on the underside.

FEEL'S FTW though

I can understand both sides of this, but yes it sucks being scorned by buying slightly cheaper than normal because of budget. You live and you learn through experiences.

Though the principle of buying something for £180 (or whatever it was), should mean you're at least getting something that lasts more than 6 weeks, but with more and more chinese and such kind replicas, quality of most replicas are crapola.

In a bind. Needed "anything" ASAP. Made a mistake as in a rush.

I think people get it buddy, but now they are playing with you because its the Internet and that's what happens.

My two pence is not to take the bait, and to let the thread die. You made your recommendation, people said their bit. We all agree that for the most part knock off gear sucks tool. Sorted!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Btw, if you check CTRO, seems a lot of people have to bend the hanger to bring it away from the car as someone else has mentioned it knocking on the underside.

FEEL'S FTW though

I have heavy duty zip tied the rubber mounts on the silencer which has solved the knocking sound for the moment. Thanks for that though, if the zip tie snaps i will give that a try. Cheers mate.

Back