• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

JRSC Info / Help :)

Hi Guys,
Ive been offered a full Jackson Racing Supercharger conversion kit for an EP3 and just need some info as to whether or not its a good deal or anything i need to be aware of if i take the step and go Supercharged.

How much do JRSC kits go for nowadays ? This one has done just under 15k if it helps....
It includes:
Jackson charger with manifold
Tensioner and belt
Uprated fuel injectors
Uprated throttle body
Is this everything required to put on an NA car? Or will i require anything else.....?

Also included is a KPRO'd Ecu - Am i right in thinking this will need mapping again to my car and existing mods to run with the JRSC ? If so approx cost of this?

Where does everyone get the kits fitted? Ive seen CPL will fit them for around £500, will TDI do the same (as they are nearer) and how much do they charge?

Also any issues i need to be aware of? I know of the manifolds cracking so will fully inspect the manifold before purchasing to make sure im not hit with this! Does the CPL brace help in reducing the risk of cracking and is there anything else i can do to try and stop it occuring?

Anything else i need to be aware of ?

Sorry for all the questions but appreciate all the help :)

Cheers, Dan

By the sounds of it that is all the basic kit you need.

Depending on on how you are planning on using the car you may need to invest in an oil cooler. To get the best gains you would need to look at breathing mods also.

Re the ecu it would depend on what mods the previous owner was running, of they are close to what you had you could run it but it would be advisable to get the map checked.
The k-pro would need to be programmed to your ecu by your local Honda dealer unless you switch the immobiliser off on the ecu yourself.

By the sounds of it that is all the basic kit you need.

Depending on on how you are planning on using the car you may need to invest in an oil cooler. To get the best gains you would need to look at breathing mods also.

Re the ecu it would depend on what mods the previous owner was running, of they are close to what you had you could run it but it would be advisable to get the map checked.
The k-pro would need to be programmed to your ecu by your local Honda dealer unless you switch the immobiliser off on the ecu yourself.

Thanks for the response.

Breathing mods are already fitted so should be ok on that front.

What would you say is the approx value i should be paying for the above kit then?

Would the likes of TDI North be able to sort out the immobiliser to the new ECU with Kpro or is only Honda that can do this ?

I don't know on price I'd say round the 2k mark bit more with the k pro.

Im not sure if tdi North can do it, you can switch if off yourself easily so you could get it done at a later date I believe

Hey Guys

So ive bought it! Managed to agree a price we were both happy with and i just need to sort a few things out then get it fitted! Can't wait :)

Few Questions im hoping someone can answer:

1. What size belt is needed for a JRSC on a ep3 WITHOUT aircon? The kit ive got is from an aircon model so will need a new one. Also best place to get one? Also has anyone got a diagram for which way it fits on ? The route it takes etc
2. I will need different injector housing clips. Apparently RC650cc injectors use a different housing and will require some sort of soldering to fit? Where can i get these from?
3 . Best exhaust manifold to get? DC or Tegiwa from what ive read their pretty similar...

Appreciate all the help :-D

Cpl do belts I need to measure my spare.

Im all sorted now for fitting. Just looked and cpl do sell the belts and they also have the housing clips for the rc650 injectors so i will go ahead and buy from there:
I take it these are what i require in regards to Q2 above about injector housing clips?
http://www.cplracing.co.uk/products.php?productid=170

Yeah ive read that its best to carry a spare belt in the car all times! God knows how your supposed to replace a belt on the side of the road anyway! Im going to keep a close eye on it as dont want it breaking in me.

What tensioner do you have on yours Collister? Is it the manual tensioner that the kits come with. I have had a look and it seems you can get an auto tensioner for them which will be ideal as you can just forget about it then and check at regular intervals. Struggling to find a place to actually buy one from though. Unless anyone can point me in the right direction?

Cheers

Can anyone provide me with the route the belt needs to take on a non aircon ep3.? I have the smaller non aircon belt which ive got from CPL. Does it just go the same route as aircon but obviously miss out the ac pulley ?

Thanks for that Collister. Im all sorted now as TDi North will be fitting and mapping it all for me :)
Thinking about retaining the oem auto tensioner though as the manual one with the kit isnt the best apparently. Also looked at the Merc Racing bracket http://mercracing.net/products-page...ackets/jackson-racing-auto-tensioner-bracket/ that allows you to retain auto tensioner so no more slippage! Or broken belts :)
Anyone had any experience with this or does everyone just trim down their oem tensioner to allow them to use it with charger?

I'm running an modified oem auto tensioner on mine

Yeah ive read that's the best thing to do if you dont purchase a bracket like the above. Do you have any issues with belt tension etc or is it just fit and forget? I will enquire to TDi about retaining the oem auto tensioner as this seems tbe way forward!

Back