• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

jrsc McPremier Update Pg 5 New Rims

Had it corner Weighted today @ Unit 8.

1120kg's with just over half a tank of fuel in it. Not bad when there is a 40kg cage in there aswell!

Managed to spread the load out quite well, started off with a 100kg difference and got it down to about 30kg i think it was.

Almost ready for Oulton when i can really get to see how it performs on track! It feels imense on the road so on track i'm expecting good things fingers crossed!

Need more money for carbon doors & roof but nothing left in budget, maybe next year:(

Loving it :)

Cheers Dotty!:cool:

You should get some vids up of the track days you do

I planned on buying a bullet cam but with funds low at the mo i will have to see. I did really want to video the track days ideally.

Those carbon doors look wicked, not sure how good they would be for a daily driver though.

That has crossed my mind aswell mate, i think if i went that road then its basically a track car as i would fit lexan front windows, no electrics at all. I will see how it goes this season i think first.

"Sweet as a nut" as they once said!

Cheers mate, just need to get the paintwork sorted out then should be looking good.:D

Oulton Park Update

Went to Oulton yesterday for a track day. In at the deep end for my 1st one as i arrived there with thick fog and glass ice conditions!:(

The track was unbelievebly slippy and i span 3 times :oops: 2 were noob errors trying to go too fast for the conditions and the other one i'm not sure what happened really but the back end just went with no warning.

I think there were around 6 red flags, some big accidents at Druids & Island corner.

The car felt good even on just road tyres, no understeer at all. Was a little too stiff for the conditions so for the last stint i softened the main dampers off and it felt a lot more controllable and not so much on the edge.

Had a great day though and back there next week hopefully for dry conditions so i can try out the 888's!:D

There was some serious machinery there, mostly race cars more than road going cars.
Here's a few pics from the day

civic1.jpg

civic2.jpg

civic3.jpg

civic4.jpg

civic5.jpg

civic6.jpg

oulton1.jpg

oulton2.jpg

oulton3.jpg

oulton4.jpg

oulton5.jpg

oulton6.jpg

oulton7.jpg

oulton8.jpg

Great update :cool: Car looks well man. I bet it'll be awesome on the Toyo's, in clearer conditions..

When and where's the next outing matey?

Next Wednesday mate, 24th Feb.

Hoping for dry conditions and also some better brake pads in the front, Pagid RS as the standard Axis pads weren't really upto the job, i was having to put the pedal to the floor to get it to stop!:lol:

looks awesome jules! Nitrons look like they are working well, really level in the corners

did you get the camera working to get some footage?

Certainly my fav EP3 at the moment Jules, looks superb.

Some serious machinery out on track with you as well!

Cheers Nick!:cool:

Yeah mate some real quick cars, that Porsche, the Zen 700bhp scooby and that blue clio was fast aswell, sequential box and spiting flames out!:D

Neil i ran out of time to wire it up, it will be on for Wednesday so i should be able to post up some vids all being well!

Hi bud

Lovely car!
Few questions!
What made you go for an ARC and not a Gruppe M or similar?
Also can you explain which parts of the below list made a difference and which are for show i.e the reservoir covers ;o)

Engine:

JRSC Supercharger 8psi
RC 650cc Injectors
Hondata K-Pro
Toda Race Manifold
ARC Air Box
BDL Fuel Rail
Greddy TIC Exhaust
Mugen Oil & Radiator Caps
Skunk 2 Resevoir Covers
AEM Plug Cover

Hi Mate,

I bought the car with the engine work already done from a member on here so the ARC was already on, great airbox though and sounds really good.

Fromt that list these parts don't make any difference to power:

BDL fuel rail
Mugen oil & rad caps
aem plug cover

Skunk 2 socks + 10bhp!:lol:

I went to fit the Pagid RS pads today but bloody yank size bolts on Stoptechs i didn't have the right sized tools!:evil::(

I have fitted the in car camera though, just need to test it out tomorrow.:D

Cars looking fantastic Jules. A real beasty.

Hope the weather conditions are a little more favorable on Wednesday. I look forward to the next update. :smt023

Went to Oulton again today.

Similar conditions to last week in the morning but no ice this time! but still quite slippy!
Sun came out in the afternoon and it started to dry up so thought i would try out the R888's, monster grip even on a cold track!:twisted::D

I was going well but got black flagged in the afternoon for noise, 107db on drive by. Only 2db over but they refused to let me out again!:evil:

Few vids from my in car camera, youtube seems to have compressed the video quite a lot though

Last edited by a moderator:
Back