• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 J's Racing Exhaust finally arrived and ready to be fitted on Thursday

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to share a few photos of my J's Racing Exhaust which has just arrived at Dream Automotive. It will be getting fitted this Thursday so will hopefully have some videos to follow soon enough. I believe this is the only J's Racing 70RS exhaust in the UK for an FK2.
fe1eb72429d357d056454614dedad92c.jpg
de5a46feca2f898d8eb88cc4a7eb8751.jpg
2f2240badbbc50062b586d1c4482d6d1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surprised at the amount of welding involved rather than pipe-forming or other bending techniques. Looks good, but looks like a LOT of work.

Surprised at the amount of welding involved rather than pipe-forming or other bending techniques. Looks good, but looks like a LOT of work.

That I'm guessing is the explanation as to why it's taken months to produce and ship out to me as it certainly hasn't been a quick process

Yours was done a damn sight faster than mine was; mine took 13 months to arrive!

And I have a feeling that the multiple welds in the bends are to keep a uniformity in the internal diameter; 70mm throughout instead of a mild tapering that occurs if the pipe is bent.

My 70RR was one length of pipe without welds, but then the EP3 system had very shallow bends.

Looks nice. Well over £2000 isn't it ? You should treat yourself to my carbon wing and intercooler

Looks nice. Well over £2000 isn't it ? You should treat yourself to my carbon wing and intercooler

Yeh around that plus £150 to have it flown over rather than shipped. Already have myself an Airtec intercooler, a carbon wing could be of interest but the bank is now dry!

Yours was done a damn sight faster than mine was; mine took 13 months to arrive!

And I have a feeling that the multiple welds in the bends are to keep a uniformity in the internal diameter; 70mm throughout instead of a mild tapering that occurs if the pipe is bent.

My 70RR was one length of pipe without welds, but then the EP3 system had very shallow bends.

Wow that really is a long time. I don't understand why they are so slow to get parts over here, it doesn't encourage other people to order from them which is a shame. But it does mean not many other people will have the same system which is always nice. Yeh I think what your saying about the other welds is right from what other people have said.

They're a small business in reality, compared to the size of their catalogue. Lots of orders with a small workforce equals large waiting lists I guess. Plus, my order was placed in the midst of their CEO being convicted of hit and run and the company re-jigging management to stay afloat.

The wait was worth it though. Plus, the added value of being the only full race spec 70RR (manifold back) in Europe was certainly nice!

Last edited by a moderator:
They're a small business in reality, compared to the size of their catalogue. Lots of orders with a small workforce equals large waiting lists I guess. Plus, my order was placed in the midst of their CEO being convicted of hit and run and the company re-jigging management to stay afloat.

The wait was worth it though. Plus, the added value of being the only full race spec 70RR (manifold back) in Europe was certainly nice!

Ah I didn't realise that they had that level of trouble in the past. I just remember falling in love with the J's Racing S2000 a good few years ago and I have wanted some of their parts ever since. I hear they are really good build quality so I'm sure it's all worth it. Any videos of yours? Obviously it's a difference generation of car but I would still be interested to hear what it sounds like with the full system

Oh, and I assume you mean their GT kit for the S2000? It's wonderful (and there's two of them in the UK, one owned by Sumo Power).

In regards to my old EP3? Yeah. But I loved it. So much. :lol:

And Rich, if you have a spare afternoon take a look through my build thread (linked below), as I had a vast array of J's Racing parts and the quality of each piece was fantastic.

Oh, and I assume you mean their GT kit for the S2000? It's wonderful (and there's two of them in the UK, one owned by Sumo Power).

It worked, it sure isn't quite is it? Haha sounds really good, and looks like you have a pretty rapid car!
Yeh that's the one, there were two generations of j's racing s2000, both were in yellow, the second just had a much wider body kit on, but both looked unbelievable. Although I wasn't too keen on the flowery graphics down the side, but each to their own, that's what modifying is about.

Yeah the Sumo Power one is the one with the flowers, belongs to a female so a little more understandable I guess.

And no, it certainly wasn't quiet. Over 120dB at part throttle and in excess of 140dB at WOT!

I thought someone else had one, they uploaded a video and it sounds like it whistles. May have been the other one though so don't quote me.

[video=youtube;vse3gxmwMOE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vse3gxmwMOE[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought someone else had one, they uploaded a video and it sounds like it whistles. May have been the other one though so don't quote me.

Yeh there is a video from someone on the forum but I believe they are actually in Malaysia and I think they are a customer of Dream Automotive as well from what the garage told me yesterday. It does whistle though, I only picked it up yesterday but plan to get some videos up soon. There are already some uploaded to Dream Automotives Instagram page

Back