• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

J's Racing Full Titanium Exhaust System

Just fitted this today and thought some of you would be interested in a look. It's a gorgeous piece if kit and so light that it doesn't need rubber mounts it just floats under the car :mrgreen:

Oh and it sounds awesome

get it on the dyno, compare it to the toda/spoon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fire_2 said:
get it on the dyno, compare it to the toda/spoon.

also keep up the good work Guy.

No point comparing it, it's designed to work from the 4-2 manifold back, the Toda and Spoon are not. If he had a J's 60R instead the J's 70RR to compare it would be worthwhile.

Lovely exhaust, suspect it's hellish loud though ! :eek:

As TP says, totally inpractical, you have to remove the whole exhaust system to get the car through it's MOT, not just swap the manifold as the J's 70RR doesn't bolt onto the cat as previously mentioned. Race use, fine, road use? Useless.

To be perfectly honest I would rather see the long term update of something very interesting and more relevant to all parties like the CPL "special build" high boost turbo conversion. :twisted: Especially seens as how it was also featured in Jap Performance this month.

Many people I'm sure would be thinking along the lines of maybe bigger engines be it for staying N/A or boosted applications and be wondering how cars with such engine rebuilds having taken place are running today. :wink:

so this must be an unslienced J's zorst system?

coz there was a few guys at a bluewater meet some months back that had a J's system on there EK9/EP6, i even thought it was a toda! kinda look/sounded same till i got upclose...

Last edited by a moderator:
Fire_2 said:
naa respect to guy @ cpl for takin time away from the shop/customers for testing new products, i bet hes pretty busy around this time of year too. seems loads of guys on the forum gettin kpros/mainfolds with there crimbo money :)

coz there was a few guys at a bluewater meet some months back that had a J's system on there EK9/EP6, i even thought it was a toda! kinda look/sounded same till i got upclose...

He's fitted an exhaust, hardly something to be shouting from the roof tops about really is it, nice exhaust, yes, expensive yes, streetable: not for the average person.

You can see it doesn't have a back box so yes it must be the unsilenced system.

Fire_2 said:
B-Factory runs the 60RR model on their EK9.

HASNIC said:
Fire_2 said:
naa respect to guy @ cpl for takin time away from the shop/customers for testing new products, i bet hes pretty busy around this time of year too. seems loads of guys on the forum gettin kpros/mainfolds with there crimbo money :)

You can see it doesn't have a back box so yes it must be the unsilenced system.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe Fire2 is seeing totaly different pictures to everyone else because it looks obvious to me its un-silenced.

I think if someone bolted a 60R to a fairly stock CTR with a before and after Dyno against a Spoon system, then I'd say that was useful. Guy's car is in such a high state of tune it's irrelevent to well..... all of us really. :lol:

To be fair guys. All he did was post a pic so we could have a butchers. He was not exactly telling us to all rush out and buy one. And as a point of interest, it is really. Whether or not it is practical to 99% of us I do not think in this case was the point.

G said:
To be fair guys. All he did was post a pic so we could have a butchers. He was not exactly telling us to all rush out and buy one. And as a point of interest, it is really. Whether or not it is practical to 99% of us I do not think in this case was the point.

Interesting as the same pictures were posted by Mr Keiser today with exactly the same links stating it was fitted today...ie day after this one was fitted. :roll: :lol: .....And to a punters car....so maybe it is relevant afterall....unless CPL are now to be known as keiser....or Speaker as has been known on other forums. :lol:

http://civictype-r.co.uk/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?p=1058823#1058823

Matt_ctr said:
CPL Racing said:
Just fitted this today and thought some of you would be interested in a look.

Where does Guy say he's fitted it to his own car? :wink:

He doesn't but it was yesterday as opposed to Keisers "Today" plus Guy will have a manifold suitable for a 2-1 as opposed to a Keiser that maybe has a Spoon or JDM hence I asked the question.

Pretty impractical for a road car though don't you think?

Again, I am only going by the original post, where he said that here is an exhaust fitted, thought you may like to see. Nothing wrong with that as far as I can see. As for the other thread, well if that was the other site....I cannot comment as I do not go there.

Right, I have actually spoken to Guy on the Phone today and I can tell you now that this exhaust was fitted to a Honda Civic Type R which is "NOT OWNED" buy Guy or CPL Racing.

This is obviously a Rare and Unusual exhaust and, as Guy was asked to fit this exhaust he had the urge to take a few pics and post them onto our forum - not to make any particular point but just to show the piece of kit.

For those in this thread who made a point of being critical about the pro's and cons of this exhaust, consider the facts...............

1. This Exhaust is available.

2. This Exhaust has been fitted and photographed by CPL Racing.

3. This is fitted to a customer car and has never been declared otherwise.

Carl. 8)

Back