• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Jumpy Fn2

Hello,

Just a quick one, really not enjoying driving my FN2 at the min, when driving from cold it is so so jumpy, just the smallest of movements on the accelerator pedal causes the car to almost kangaroo, it doesnt help that every road around where i live has speed bumps so im constantly on and off the pedal,
but it feels like its doing it all the time now, even when the engine is up to temperature.

It went in yesterday for the 62.5k service and nothing was brought to my attention (which i was kinda expecting) and I know the spark plugs are NOT changed on this service but could this be a cause of it???

Anybody else experienced this jumpy feeling? Never had this problem on my EP3 in the cold last year.

Cheers

Not really heard of that before on a engine that hasn't been flashpro tuned. That car had knock logic issues because the mods had been changed on the car and the previous map not fully adjusted for the new mods.

62.5k is year 5, so they won't have changed the air filter as it is every 2 years IIRC. They might not have even opened the airbox. Check it isn't overly dirty or full of leaves or small animals.

You could try taking the battery off for 30 minutes, then putting it back on and going for a drive. This will reset the ECU and it will relearn the parameters as you drive it. Just make sure you have your radio code before you do it!

Might work, so no harm giving it a try.

Cheers Loxy,

Shortly after writing this post this afternoon i thought about the air filter as i noticed on the report sheet it is not changed on the 62.5k, so i thought i would have a look at it and to be honest it looks pretty tidy, just a little dirty but not enough that i would think could cause any issues, i am looking for a replacement pannel filter to give abit of better air flow but not top of my list.

Also i completly forgot about resetting the ecu so i shall look for the radio code first thing tommrrow then give that a try!

Will report later

Cheers again!

:cool:

See how you get on with the battery, hopefully the cheap fix.

Well looks like a visit to Honda before resetting the ECU, I can not find the radio code anywhere!!

First page in handbook where details are supposed to be are blank, Is there no way of finding out the code or will I have to ask Honda?

Well looks like a visit to Honda before resetting the ECU, I can not find the radio code anywhere!!

First page in handbook where details are supposed to be are blank, Is there no way of finding out the code or will I have to ask Honda?

I asked Honda for mine, but they can only give it to you when the radio is at the stage of needing you to put it in. The system won't give you the necessary code for them to put in the system if it is still working.

To be honest, I've had my battery off overnight while it has had the engine out and mine didn't need the code to be put in. :lol:

You never know though!

Finally got round to doing this today and first impressions, mmm.... it didn't feel as jumpy, could just be in my head, but I'd say give it ago wont do any harm.

And as mentioned in posts above no need for any radio codes, all I had to reset was the clock!

Had this in mine last year (mentioned it in one of my posts) got it in october and it jumped like mad up the road did this for a couple of mths i found letting the revs drop before pulling off and changing to 2nd soon as it started jumping ,mine was having clutch issues so maybe it was sticking in 1st?? saying that my mate in his last mth was jumping when cold something he hasn't experienced before. So im guessing clutch sticking had mine changed friday so i'll let you know if it still does it

I get this for the first 3 - 4 minutes of driving but after that it is ok. Just have to lift off over the pot holes that i know of or drive around them. My
miltek sounds awful as it is judderring along.

Now the weather has warmed up slightly im not getting this problem so much, but I have found that running engine for a minute or two before moving does make a difference.

Also as Honda never changed it on my minor service last month, I replaced the air filter myself, and I dont know if it just in my head but this seems to have also had some effect.

Mine always jumps when cold for the first 5mins of driving, after that.. its just a pure beauty to drive again :)

Hi you are not the only one with this issue mate. I think its to do with getting used to driving the car as ive got from an auto audi A3 to this and ive found it to be a ballache to drive within it being so jumpy! If i let go of the accelarator it jumps alot! Im putting it down to just learning how to adjust to a manual gearbox lol!

sorry to bring up an old thread but my car does this a little when cold, not very often but now and then!
Did any one find a route cause? or is this just something we accpept the FN2 does when cold?
I have had 3 different aftermarket intakes on my car this year and i havent reset the ECU, i take it i should do this?
It was defiantely at it's worst when i had the AEM shortram kit on, now i have changed to HKS i notice it much less but it is still there!

If it's still ticking over at over 1,000 rpm the car is still throwing more fuel in to warm the engine up.

It's never going to be as smooth as a warm engine when it's cold.

I've had mine for about a month now and I have quickly learned that this car just doesn't like being driven whilst cold! I have found myself kangarooing down the road in 3rd thinking wtf! Was giving a lift to a few mates who obviously took the **** because it made me look like a tart!

Then it warms up and I remember why I love this car.

Back