• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Just been invited....

Dynax

The Babysitter
To my local dealer for the official launch of the 2006 civic on friday 9th december.

Anyone going to their local dealers?

Dynax said:
Doubt anyone going to the Yeovil one, maybe Hasnic? :p

If i don't get an invite from Shepton then i might pop down to Yeovil if i'm back from London in time.

I got an invite through yesterday but the dealer I brought my car from is not local (i shopped around).

Scousefella said:
Braintree in Essex for me - oh and there will be an NSX there aswell. :twisted:

Newton Honda in South Croydon has a Blue 04 NSX up for sale atm. 8)

- Kevin.

When is the official launch.

I got a invite to Lings Lowestoft tonight. I wouldn't want to go and listen to their bullsh*t :evil:

Then I have two invites for 9th/10th Dec from Holden Norwich and John Banks Ipswich.

I keep calling in to my dealer to tell them I am interested in seeing the new Civic - no invite :evil:

adamcivic said:
I keep calling in to my dealer to tell them I am interested in seeing the new Civic - no invite :evil:

I want to go have a look, but don't want to listen to the dealers run on about how good it is and telling me what the Type R version will be like :evil:

Most probably better to turn up on a quiet monday to afford the crowds.

I may get one from Slough Honda, they call me about everything, but they are good so I'll forgive them :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe Swansea too, but they do tend to invite people after the occassion :roll:

I got one of these invites for Ryland Cardiff on 9th.

I will go just to see the thing in the flesh and get free coffee...and try to win a Honda Lawnmower. :D

I got two invites from the same dealership! I'll pop along and have a quick look if I'm not working...

I've just called in to the dealer, they have them out on show (so much for letting me know) Not convinced, the arse is huge! :shock:

Went in Lings Lowestoft today and they had a good collection of the new Civic.

They had a Sport Diesel, 2 x ES, and an EX.
For those who don't know the range, it starts with an SE which is the base model then you choice between either the Sport or ES. The Sport has bigger wheels and HID's plus some silver exterior trim. The ES has more comfort gadgets ie electric powered mirrors, dual climate control, and a glass roof :roll:
Then the EX is a combination of them both.

The car itself I liked a lot more in the flesh than the pics. There are a lot of nice little features espeically on the sport.
Inside the car is very nice for driver. Everything seems close to hand and ideally suited, other than the gear stick which seems a backward step :( Again nice feature inside with the DC5 pedals and red starter button :twisted:
A few things let it down, the brown/grey rubbing strips around the arches :shock: and the exhaust trims that are triangle, but when you look you can see the round exhaust within.

Overall i liked it, but because of the specs I would change for one.
From the Specs and prices its aimed at the higher end of the market £15,000 - £18,000 so I pressume they are aiming more at the Golf owners than Focus owners.
I'm sure if they can get people in the car it will sell well.

Just wait for the Type R version. The salesman was very honest and said they had no details on it and didn't expect to see it until nealy 2007.

Back