• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Just been invited....

yowserctr said:
I got one of these invites for Ryland Cardiff on 9th.

I will go just to see the thing in the flesh and get free coffee...and try to win a Honda Lawnmower. :D

Same here...not sure if I'll go though, no parking there, you have to use the B&Q opposite :?

Welsh-Rich said:
yowserctr said:
I got one of these invites for Ryland Cardiff on 9th.

I will go just to see the thing in the flesh and get free coffee...and try to win a Honda Lawnmower. :D

Same here...not sure if I'll go though, no parking there, you have to use the B&Q opposite :?

I am not bothering now.....I have to take the Mrs out to her works do.

I will be going down to Rylands a few days later once I have ordered my JDM mats. 8) So I will take a look then.

I got an invite aswell. Ben tore it up :shock:

:lol: :lol:

So my answer will be no, I won't be going to the launch :lol:

I received an invite this morning to go to Brighton Honda on 9th/10th Dec. Not to sure if I will go though.

I drove a new Civic 1.8 ES yesterday, the dash is fantastic. The build quality is a little iffy the one I drove had 200 miles on the clock and had a terrible rattle, and some of the dash fittings look a tad cheap and nasty.

It was fantastic to drive excellent engine, gearbox, handling and ride.

The seats are also really good, rear visability is very poor and it does need a rear wiper! The plastic around the wheel archs looks really really cheap.

Still not 100% sure on the exterior esp the rear. Its too expensive as well I am going to wait and probably get a 6-12 month old one.

Still has the design flaw of a unprotected radiator and cubby holes with nothing to stop stuff sliding around. It also has no spare just a can of "get you home" stuff, what do you do if you have a shreaded tire?

t also has no spare just a can of "get you home" stuff, what do you do if you have a shreaded tire?

You get the salesman to include a spare wheel - probably a space saver - in the deal at no extra cost.
As a note about that - I do speak to many Accoprd owners and see if they want to purchase a spare wheel and you would be surprised how many owners have not thought about having shredded tyres and getting home.

Anyway my funny forum friends - if anyone is needing an invite, I may well invite you all to my dealership over the weekend to see the new Civic, bring along cheque books and credit cards for the deposit. I am still not sure that the final version of the Type R is known yet though so don't believe everything your dealer tells you - well, I know you don't anyway.
:D

Friendy said:
Don't think I will get one, sales manager does not like me.
HA! I got one!

Tomorrow night at 7 for 7:30 if you're interested

I spoke to Brighton Honda and they said, there is no rush as they have the car for a few weeks, so go in any time to have a look and drive.
The invitations were sent out for their valued customers have first look.

Off to my local dealer tomorrow night (Balmer Lawn Dibden Purlieu). Hope they have some free booze or else it'll eat into my Friday night drinking session. :wink:

Got home last night and found a card inviting me to the dealership on Sat to go for a test drive :D Shall be taking a 1.8 Sport out!

Just got back from my local dealer's unveiling.

As they were removing the covers off the cars, 98% of the audience started clapping :roll: (me & one other guy just looked at each other & smirked... it's not as though removing the covers is a challenging task worthy of applause)

They wouldn't let anyone test drive, & instead took groups out in the 2.2 diesel...

Still wasn't all bad - we got fed/watered... and came away with a "goodie bag" which included a bottle of Eden Falls Vintage Chardonnay (1994), and 18 Ferrero Rocher!

I'm heading to my local dealers tomo for the official launch although i did have a nosey round 3 of them on tuesday, sat in and poked around the thing as any good man would.

Also... is it just me or does the dash look even better in reality than the pics made it look. 8)

I had an invite for tonight but i only want to see the Type R version 8) so i didn't go

I went this afternoon, had a good look around whilst being shown around by a salesman. I didn't get a chance to get a test drive as it was getting late but was told to go back any time for one. I did leave with a brochure which seem to be very expensive to male.

I like the car alot but can't wait for the Type-R version.

I'm too impatient for that, tonight was empty in the calendar, so thought i'd pop in on the way home. Judging by the people that were there, I think the blue rinse brigade aren't too keen on the new model (or the dealer just didn't want them at launch).

My main conversation went like this:

Salesman: "Are you interested in this (the 1.8)? Would you like a brochure?"
Me: "No, thankyou, I'm waiting for the 3 door version"
Salesman: "ahh a 'type-r man' :? . Have you heard about the new type-r model?"
Me "No" (wondering what "cough" 'insider knowledge' he would divulge)

To be fair he started with: "Well the rumours are...", so they have improved in my estimation since our first meeting. That was when I was told that it is pointless modding the car as there is nothing that can be done to make it any better, and any changes will only result in making it slower/handle worse :roll:

+ I got free food,drink & felt as though I was at the Ambassadors reception

went into my dealership today with my mate and thought they might have a bit of monch etc.

full on Hog Roast, jacket spuds salads (if you're into that sort of thing), wine, bucks fizz orange for the kiddies. It was a special place to be, and with me chatting to my local dealership honey who i've spoken to a few times , made it quite an occasion. there were a few middle aged people in there but its the 5 door, no real surprises really. Its still growing on me but only for my parents to get :wink:

Tried the 2.2 CDTi Sport yesterday, not at the stealer though, my mate has one to evaluate for a few weeks. Very impressed with a lively punchy diesel lump, loads of torque, reckon would give a standard CTR a bit of a suprise.

Back