• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Just Been Lowered On APEX but....

I had my CTR lowered to day on APEX springs and the arse end doesnt seem to of gone any lower!!!

The front seems to of sank to a nice height but the arse end still looks stock. I exchanged those rubber things that go round the stock springs onto my new APEX to stop any potential knocking.
Now what I'm thinking is that the rubber things are stopping the rear springs lowering to their full potential. On the other hand I only left the garage at 1430 this afternoon and have only driven the car for about 20 miles MAX. How long do new springs take to hit their optimum height???

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Shaun.

It does normally take a couple od days to get it perfect, but you should be able to notice it allready!

How much are they meant to lower?

They will bed after a while but you should still notice the drop straight away, I wouldn't imagine the rubber would prevent them compressing

How much are they meant to lower?

They will bed after a while but you should still notice the drop straight away, I wouldn't imagine the rubber would prevent them compressing

Meant to be about -30mm all round Bud

Where did you get the springs?

Got them off but checked all the numbers on them against the ones on APEX website and they all matched perfectly.

Maybe he coudn't be ****ed removing his rears and gave you the standard ones :lol:

:lol: :lol:

There bright yellow ya wolly.

They were brand new Mate when I bought them they came in the APEX box with all the original packaging inside including the APEX fitting instructions.

Hope the arse end goes a little lower than it is. Thing is I have seen pics on the net of other CTR's with them fitted and the back looks lower than mine but the fronts the same.....weird really!!

I would have thought that the k20a lump makes the front heavier? The rear's should catch up in time :confused:

You need to compress the shocks so they will settle at the correct ride height. Try bouncing the rear of the car up and down a couple of times or go for a drive over some speed bumps so the shocks compress.

It should look something like this...

Ctr-cleaned22.jpg

Thatis exactly how I want it Matey.

I'll go for a GOOD drive tomorrow down plenty of streets with the ole sleeping police men. Would it help standing in the boot and bouncing up and down a few time???

Thanks for the advice Bud :smt023

Bouncing the boot might do it mate, you'll look like a plonker but your car will be lower :lol:

I had mine lowered on apex springs 30mm for a bit, when i first put them on i couldn't tell that much at first, but within a week or two they had settled. Take a picture and compare to a picture before lowering it helped convince me. :)

Bouncing the boot might do it mate, you'll look like a plonker but your car will be lower :lol:

:lol: :lol:

They already think I'm a nutter as I'm always out there cleaning, polishing and god knows what. This would simply be the icing on the cake.

I'm gunna start with a good bounce then onto good ole rough ride :lol:

I had mine lowered on apex springs 30mm for a bit, when i first put them on i couldn't tell that much at first, but within a week or two they had settled. Take a picture and compare to a picture before lowering it helped convince me. :)

Thanks for that Bud I'm starting to feel a little more re-assured now. Do you have the rear camber adjusters fitted with your APEX buddy?

Back