• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Just Been Lowered On APEX but....

Thanks for that Bud I'm starting to feel a little more re-assured now. Do you have the rear camber adjusters fitted with your APEX buddy?

I didn't at the time i have now but i am lowered on 35mm abp springs, i would recommend getting the adjusters so you can get the fast road set up done :twisted: . I got mine from camskill Eibach's they are, very good price aswell.

Got my car lowerered a week tuesday ago and mine doesnt sit as low at the rear. I have noticed a difference to the handling i also got the fast road set up with the camber arms and bolts.

If don't want uneven tyre ware it is a must. I must say that when i had mine fitted the tyre ware wasn't really bad but they were not on the car for more than 6 months.

What are the camber / toe settings for fast set-up??

Depends where you go, and how aggresive you want it!
The more aggresive the quicker your tyre will ware but will dig in better in the corners, it depends on what sort of road's you drive on aswell(motorway or a roads).
Speak to whomever is going to set it up and they will do a set up to suit you.

TBH I will probably go '0' all round as I very rarely drive hard.

Do I need the adjusters for a standard set up after lowering or only if I want a fast road set-up???

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes you will need them to reset the camber settings back to the standard set up as lowering the car will have put them out.

Cheers buddy I'll get onto it :smt023

TBH from what I can feel the APEX dont take anything away from ride comfort which is good.

Cheers buddy I'll get onto it :smt023

TBH from what I can feel the APEX dont take anything away from ride comfort which is good.

30mm isnt too bad my 35mm is a bit more noticable, are you running standard shocks with your springs? if so you might find the springs will ware out your shocks alot quicker than usual, Lots of knocking noises is usually the sign. Once they do go i recommend getting some uprated shocks i have koni ones and am very happy with them.

Yeah im running stock shocks Bud but so far no knocking whatsoever which is good as I have heard some people suffer from knocking from the off.

So whats the life expentancy for OE shocks with lowering springs?

would love to see you bouncing in the boot to settle the rear springs just laffed my socks off sorry amazing

Don't ask for 0 all round, the car will handle like a bag of crap.

Use this as a guide:
-1 deg camber all round
2mm toe in at rear
1mm toe out at front

That'll be a nice safe fun handling car.

Don't ask for 0 all round, the car will handle like a bag of crap.

Use this as a guide:
-1 deg camber all round
2mm toe in at rear
1mm toe out at front

That'll be a nice safe fun handling car.

Sounds good to me Bud but will that be ok for tyre wear?

Well things are looking good as the back end seems to of dropped a good 15mm today so looks like their starting to bed in now.........phew! :lol:

So whats the life expentancy for OE shocks with lowering springs?

Sorry don't know but less than if you had the original springs, sorry i cant be of any more help.

Glad to hear its dropped a little, you will have to post some pics up so we can have a peak!

Back