• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Just booked a trackday!

Why don't people want to drive their own cars on track? Surely that's the fun in seeing what your car can do and learning more about how to drive it?

Why don't people want to drive their own cars on track? Surely that's the fun in seeing what your car can do and learning more about how to drive it?

No idea, people are willing to spend $$$ on modifications which in reality will never get used properly if at all :confused:

Have a great time at Rockingham, really enjoyed that track :)

Had my first (definetly of many) experience today, just a few laps but was a great starting point. Felt amazing put my car through its paces in a secure enviroment, would highly recomend it to anyone! the adrenelin was something else.....:D

Last edited by a moderator:

Yeh it would be. I've always had the fear of crashing it or someone else crashing into it, but i supose that can happen on the road too. I wouldn't mind doing it one day but i'll see.

Yeh it would be. I've always had the fear of crashing it or someone else crashing into it, but i supose that can happen on the road too. I wouldn't mind doing it one day but i'll see.

I can understand your worry but in my opinion there will be far more chance of you binning it on the road than on track, esp if you go to one of the HOT run days as safety and track etiquette are second to none and you'll get far more satisfaction of giving your own car a run at your own ability level, and driving as fast as you want to drive.
You don't have to go out and try and drive like Plato and Neal, it's all incredibly gentlemanly (and ladylike Lottie & Sara!) on the HOT days and are some of the best ways of exploring track work:cool:

Looks like a fun day out, but I'm with the "drive your own car" on track thinking on this one.

Hope you have a good day out Jigga :)

I can only echo Lottie and Hasnic's comments. At HOT we run very controlled days, yes there is always the possibility that you will make a mistake but its all about driving to your/the cars limits and building up pace gradually throughout the day.

As for the possibility of someone else crashing into you. Its very very slim. We strongly discourage close driving so if any mistakes are made the driver behind has space and time to react. If you are being tailgated you can simply lift off and let the driver passed or come and see one of us after the session so that we can have a chat with the tailgater ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO you stand more chance crashing on the public highway or being crashed into, at least on track every one is going the same way and you have the safety crew on standby just in case.

I have spent numerous hours on track at days as well as competing and both my accidents have been on the road ( black ice and other one was a dick who cant see a LandRover!!!!!)

Come on one of my HOT days, youll be looked after

It was more of a cost issue, in my own car. Petrol and wear on tyres/pads/disc etc.

Also gives me a chance to drive some different cars.

It's now gone down from £160 to £120, I've been credited the £40 difference :cool:

Also going earlier to take some photos of the morning session. So I'll post some pics if they are any good.

Pics/Vid from Rockingham

Had a good day, although only stayed for the track part of the day. My neck was wrecked :mad:

Corsa - Quite nippy and chuckable, although didn't like the driving position.
Astra - Nice to drive, but oddly turbo didn't seem to kick in till about 5k, then woosh.
VXR8 - "Be cafeful with this car, it has lots of power" Yeah right :twisted:
Instructor was going BRAKE BRAKE, I just put my foot down and hooned out of the corner!

Also had a lap with Matt Neil (touring car champion) in the astra. Man that was awesome, threw it around at silly speeds :lol:

Can't seem to embed the photos from fb.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=90623&id=539467011&l=3a269fd024

Posing for the camera lol http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2140132&l=0307b4652e&id=539467011

You can view them if your on fb or not.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/video/video.php?v=97844467011&ref=mf

You have to be on fb to view vid for some reason.

Is that in your own car or something else?

I'm off the Oulton park Saturday, see my mate racing a motorbike :lol:

Back