• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC2 DB8 DC5 Just bought a DC2...

I gave in and bought one, CW 98 UKDM. Probably be used at weekends but the track is calling. It's my first Type R since I sold my EP3 in 2006.

If any one wants to share their wisdom with me go for it...

My first plan is cambelt and service followed by rebushing and rebuilding the drivers seat bolster.

Last edited by a moderator:
A couple for those wanting photos...

IMG_31612.jpg

IMG_3162.jpg

How does it compare to the Impreza for you?

Oh, and if you're willing to, how much?

Really? Wow. I was under the impression the impreza would be much more lively to drive and that you might be clearly of one opinion or the other on the issue lolol. But I think I'm just an old Scoob lover since dad's had a few.

And no not selling the impreza —*how much you paid for the teg.

Really? Wow. I was under the impression the impreza would be much more lively to drive and that you might be clearly of one opinion or the other on the issue lolol. But I think I'm just an old Scoob lover since dad's had a few.

And no not selling the impreza —*how much you paid for the teg.

I wouldn’t say the Impreza is particularly lively, if anything they will understeer as standard. Mine was set up by PowerStation and this gave a more neutral balance. It was fun exiting corners sideways. Even on R888’s I was exiting the Bus Stop chicane at Spa-Francorchamps sideways. The traction they have, like the Evos is so high compared to most cars.

The DC2, well my initial views anyways, are that it’s a much rawer, less sanitised driving experience and doesn’t flatter a driver, the rally replicas can easily do this in my opinion.

I basically bought the DC2 to have some cheap track fun. I have spent literally thousands running the Impreza as a road and track car and can no longer justify it. It’s a great road car but I think on track I’ll have just as much fun in the DC2 for a fraction of the cost. Doing a couple of hundred laps of the Nordschleife and numerous trackdays a year gets expensive in an Impreza. It has now been retired from track work.

£3700 with a tank of petrol thrown in so £3650ish

£3650 for the teg? Damn I need to shop around lol. Interesting I think that you say it's not really great for every day driving... I ought to consider that. I'm guessing the scoob was a much more expensive purpose.

Sorry for all the questions; just trying to learn what I can, seeing as the WRX and the teg are probably two of my top on-the-list cars.

£3650 for the teg? Damn I need to shop around lol. Interesting I think that you say it's not really great for every day driving... I ought to consider that. I'm guessing the scoob was a much more expensive purpose.

Sorry for all the questions; just trying to learn what I can, seeing as the WRX and the teg are probably two of my top on-the-list cars.
As a road car the Impreza isn't that expensive run, ignoring the 18mpg I average. It's when you start tracking them/driving them hard the costs spiral.

Back