• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Just bought AEM V2 Induction Kit For My EP3...

Hey guys,

this week managed to get my hands on a AEM V2 Induction Kit and its coming next week. I wanted to ask before fitting it... will I have any problems passing the MOT or whatever with this fitted? I am guessing not from past Induction Kits on past cars but just thought I would ask!

Also anyone know of any sales going on for car parts in this tight month!? haha

P.S Was planning on selling the car but going to keep it another year! :D

Used to have one of these myself and the MOT will be fine with it fitted. If you haven't heard one they dont half have a RASP on Vtec, it's infectious!! :)

My ITG Maxogen should be with me this week. Looks an awesome piece of kit and comes very highly rated. Loved my V2 though when I had it and I am sure you will be chuffed!

Hearing it for the first time over the stock intake is quite something!

My ITG Maxogen should be with me this week. Looks an awesome piece of kit and comes very highly rated. Loved my V2 though when I had it and I am sure you will be chuffed!

Hearing it for the first time over the stock intake is quite something!

Ahhh great! I am keen I have to admit and considering I saved a fair bit on it I am even more chuffed! I didn plan on changing the car but I thought nah one more year but some modding that will make me smile is needed to keep it fun!!! :D

If it is the same as the AEM CAI you shouldn't need a crankcase breather as there is a breather pipe connected to the AEM that vents the crankcase and filters it at the same time. I never had the V2, but if the CAI is anything to go by, the induction noise is infectious. When they first hit vtec, it just barks on the crossover, then howls all the way to the red line :lol:

Edit: just had a quick look and it seems there is a small breather pipe connecting the crankcase and the intake.;)

Just had the V2 come this morning to me in work through the post. I am excited to get this on Thursday evening now! Thanks for the reply about that looking about a bit more I don't think anyone else has gone for it either so no need for it by the looks of things?

Shall be updating with my thoughts and some pictures this week! :D

If it is the same as the AEM CAI you shouldn't need a crankcase breather as there is a breather pipe connected to the AEM that vents the crankcase and filters it at the same time. I never had the V2, but if the CAI is anything to go by, the induction noise is infectious. When they first hit vtec, it just barks on the crossover, then howls all the way to the red line :lol:

Edit: just had a quick look and it seems there is a small breather pipe connecting the crankcase and the intake.;)

Just had the V2 come this morning to me in work through the post. I am excited to get this on Thursday evening now! Thanks for the reply about that looking about a bit more I don't think anyone else has gone for it either so no need for it by the looks of things?

Shall be updating with my thoughts and some pictures this week! :D

Don't forget to get some pics up!

O I will! Thursday it shall be fitted, I am a bit of a tart when it comes to this sort of stuff like I done my brakes and put pictures up before.

Prob do a before and after video too if I got time!

:D

Don't forget to get some pics up!

The OEM Oil breather hose reaches the AEM V2 I think. As the pipe work comes right by the side of the cam cover vent. As can be seen below.
4071470132_large.jpg

Hey guys I have installed this and I have to say its awesome. I have a big grin on my face when driving again now! Wanting to do more stuff even more so!

Thanks for the info! I plan on getting some pictures on here soon! I didn't get very many in but I wanted to do some nice videos as I noticed when looking for this online on YouTube.com I could never find anyone that has done a GOOD Type R EP3 one!

Thanks!

JubeiTigeruk

Here are some pictures guys of the AEM V2 Intake I have installed. Been running it for a bit now have to say I do love it nice to be able to be quite but then if you want to drive it like you stole it then it makes some noise! Love it! :p
1.JPG11.JPG10.JPG9.JPG8.JPG7.JPG6.JPG5.JPG4.JPG3.JPG2.JPG12.JPG

Update... Cold Air Feed...

I thought I would get a Cold Air Feed to the AEM V2 so I give this a go.... bracket isn't the best looking but it will do for now and it works and don't move at all till I find something nicer looking...

What you guys think?

£14.00 for the Ducting & Ends £1 for the bracket. 76MM Ducting. ColdAirIntake.JPG

Back