• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Just bought my ep3 and need some advice please!

Hi I've just bought my type r and i need some advice. I've got a lot of ideas for the car and I've been looking for cat back systems, I've came across the buddyclub spec 3 and just wanted to know if anyone has this fitted and what it's really like. Plus where would anyone recommend taking the car to be mapped. Cheers.

Hello there,

Well, have you considered those:
*What's your budget?
*Do you want it loud?
*Is it your daily drive?
Depending on your answers on these, you'll sure get some help on this forum :)

Also keep in mind, a remap is best done last:
---- Basic upgrades:
1)Induction kit
2)Exhaust
---- Further upgrades:
3)Race header/ decat/ sportscat
4)inlet manifold
---- high end NA tune:
5)cams

And then, remap

Now depending on where you live, you'll be getting those as standard answer:
TDI north
Eurospec2000
CPL

Now please take my advice on this, safety first, so make sure u got some decent tires on there (potenza, toyo T1R,...) and some good braking pads (ferodo ds2500,...) before you go upgrading your car :)

Good luck with your ride :)

Ive got a toda header with a fujitsubo rmo1a, highly recommend them if there within your budget. I also got my car mapped at eurospec by romain and he done a brilliant job.

I agree with earth slug on the tyres and brakes i'd do that first

Thank you for the reply. The budget for the car is quite high and this won't be my daily drive as the commute to work is quite long. I've been looking at a few things such as a viper kit, buddyclub pro spec cat back, bc race header and sports cat. I've ordered some rota grid r alloys with parada spec 2 tyres as I had on my previous rx7. Please let me know what you think. Cheers

Sounds good mate, from what ive heard the toda headers one of the best ones you can get, i payed around the 1k mark for mine, think you would have to get the jdm anti roll bars aswell but well worth it, sounds really good with my rm01a. Might be worth looking into a gruppe m or arc air intake as they seem to be the best, but i think arc went out of business so you'd only get a 2nd hand one. hope this helps

Cheers for the reply. I'll do a bot more research on things and I've heard a lot about the gruppe m but I'm not sure where to start looking for one? I forgot to ask about abp motorsport because I've seen a lot of things about the fast road setup?

Ive seen a couple on here and ebay second hand, think cpl racing sell them, ive got an arc on mine and i love it. Im just waiting to get my frsu done at either artech or tdi north, since ive got coilovers, but you have to get rear camber adjusters aswel, i got some buddy club ones. i used touge distribution for alot of my parts there pretty good.

Cheers for the link nunney! That a great help because I was a bit stuck when looking for parts. As for the exhaust setup I'm looking at do you think that's quite a good way to go and have u dealt with bc directly before? Cheers

no problem, jamesT's the bloke you want to have a word with mate he got most of my parts and helped me out picking bits

Not anymore, EU peeps need to go through Touge EU now!

But, I can still point you in the direction to a good exhaust. So can the search function, it's been covered many-a-time.

What would you recommend?

I'm recommending a Fast Road Set Up with front and rear camber adjusters, coupled with a JDM anti roll bar. Transforms a standard Civic's handling and gives you a lot more confidence slinging it into corners. The JDM anti roll bar is thicker than the UK offering and gives you more stability at the rear as the EP's are known to get a bit lively at the back under heavy braking.

The JDM anti roll bar is thicker than the UK offering and gives you more stability at the rear as the EP's are known to get a bit lively at the back under heavy braking.

You can't fight the forces of weight transfer with a roll bar

You can't fight the forces of weight transfer with a roll bar

You're correct and I'm talking nonsense. You can control lateral body roll though which can occur when the back end gets a wiggle on. But I will admit defeat and say the biggest advantage for the ARB will be in the cornering and the stability thereof.

The BC Exhausts are crap is a bit Genreic James. I had the Spec IV and thought it was an amazing system, well built and amazingly priced, and not too common so you wont see them on every car like the Spoon N1.

Cane - Another alternative for intake is the AEM CAI, very effective and about a 1/4 the price of a Gruppe M. If you want ultimate JDM points, start looking at FEELS exhausts, very rare on the scene at the moment. As people have said a FRSU is the first thin to go for, it will totally change the car and the way it drives. Going for lighter rims is a good start too, lose some of that rolling mass. If your budget is quite large, as you said, then the opportunities to go nuts on the K20 are there. Look at "G's" car, he is a member on here who has done some extreme things to his engine and stuck with it being N/A. It is a good example of what can be done with these engines without adding turbos' or chargers.

One last thing, keep us updated with pics mate, we love a build thread around here :lol::

Hi guys just a quick question. I've been looking at mugen front splitters but they only say for 02-03 pre facelit. Will it fit my facelift model or not? And if not is there any chance of anywhere that does them. Cheers

Back