• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

just fiited aem cai to my ep3 type r WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!

Picked up a second hand aem cai for £50, what a bargain! Best 50 notes I ever spent. For those who are toying about the idea, go for it, you wont regret it. I did the hondata mod to my standard airbox a few months ago and to be fair I did notice a better throttle response and it was louder on vtec, but its nothing compared to the aem cai. Managed to fit it in about an hour or so. Make sure you feed it from the arch up to throttle not the other way about ( could have saved about 15 mins ). No need to remove bumper and I didn't cut any of the arch lining.

Took it for a spin (spine tingling at 6k). The noise is immense, alot louder than listening to it on youtube. So addictive though so you won't be driving past many petrol stations.

I would recommend a new set of spark plugs too as I noticed the car became very smooth on crossover with new plugs and maybe its my imagination but the noise on vtec did sound different. Saying that, mu old spark plugs were doing the car no favours, they were well carbed up!

I am trying one of these now. It's alright. Fit is rubbish, but so is the fit on the Gruppe M and ARC.

I had a Gruppe M before the CAI and I prefered it. And also got my CAI for £50 :lol:

Got my AEM CAI new for £215 :eek: worth it *** for the sound thinking about getting a hydro-shield *** for peace of mind!!

I want one at that price! :eek: Any make evan a V2 or K&N I know they suck up heat but they sure sound good :cool:

Only thing I don't like about them is the massive gap in the engine bay they leave.

Got my CTR booked in this thursday for its CAI, im getting it done at XOPower in Cramlington, Newcastle.
I wanted the AEM however they only have the Injen version in stock, according to them it is the same as the AEM version, thoughts?

Got my CTR booked in this thursday for its CAI, im getting it done at XOPower in Cramlington, Newcastle.
I wanted the AEM however they only have the Injen version in stock, according to them it is the same as the AEM version, thoughts?

You've booked your car in to get an intake fitted?

Fittings dirt cheap, the main price was the CAI.
Back to the question though, is the Injen intake as good as the AEM version?

Actually looking at some of the prices you lot paid for your CAIs, i might just order one off fleabay and fit it myself. Do they usually come with a set of destructions or are they relatively easy to fit? i.e. remove the Wheel, Arch liner and then straight swap for the original airbox.

Yea it's pretty straight forward, no instructions needed. If you read up the multiple AEM CAI threads there are tips to easy fitting... including this thread :)

You don't even need to remove the arch liner, it is awkward but not hard in any way.

And Chris is correct, the engine bay does look bare without an airbox. Still worth it though.

Back