• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Just gone through 40,000 miles....

Just went through the 40k mark on the run back to London!!

DSC00055.jpg

Car is 4 years old in July but never owned a car with more than 50,000 miles on it.

Been looking at Sti Impreza's and DC5's but can i justify changing it????

Cheers
AC :lol:

Plenty more carefree miles to be had with the CTR, don't change coz of the mileage just yet. I have an '02 with 45k and plan on keeping her for some time yet.

Engine will freed up nicely at that miles, should be quicker and slightly better MPG than when it was newish... :)
At long as she is serviced/maintained etc at proper intervals and well looked after, especiallly the oil levels etc, I don't see why it shouldn't be any different at 140,000 miles to what she is at just know..

Pelikan

That's good advice - if you still enjoy the thing and it meets your needs, then keep it. You'd be hard pressed to find another marque with similar longevity.

Mine gets better and better, now on 48K. Goes like the clappers, uses next to no oil (unless I'm ragging it all day) and still returns good MPG.

What more could you want?

I'm on a 6 year old CTR with 48000, and I f**king love it :twisted: . Gonna keep it for at least another couple of year's then maybe go up to a DC5

BigRed said:
That's good advice - if you still enjoy the thing and it meets your needs, then keep it. You'd be hard pressed to find another marque with similar longevity.

Mine gets better and better, now on 48K. Goes like the clappers, uses next to no oil (unless I'm ragging it all day) and still returns good MPG.

Nice one matey, you werent in Ancaster on friday morning were you?
AC :wink:

GreaseLightning said:
Plenty more carefree miles to be had with the CTR, don't change coz of the mileage just yet. I have an '02 with 45k and plan on keeping her for some time yet.

8)

Mines an Sept 02 with 56k and i will be keeping her for a lot longer yet

Mine rolled over to 100,000 Sunday afternoon. I took a pic, obviously :lol: :lol:

Will post it later. :D

andycole said:
BigRed said:

Er, I was near Sleaford Friday morning!! :shock: Why Ancaster?

BigRed said:
andycole said:
BigRed said:

Er, I was near Sleaford Friday morning!! :shock: Why Ancaster?

I was driving Nick Jeins Cosmic, waved at a passing Milano and got a wave back, no one on the Lincs forum so just wondered.
Cheers
AC :D

Ultim8_Evil said:
Lol, and I keep worrying about mine having done 18.5k :oops:

18.5k :lol: :lol:

Your engine is still tight :lol:

Andy, after trying to keep up with my DC5 I thought you'd want one by now :twisted: :lol:

MilanoChris said:
Andy, after trying to keep up with my DC5 I thought you'd want one by now :twisted: :lol:

Indeed mate, had a little work done on the EP since though and just cant make my mind up on whats for the best.

Later
AC :D

Back