• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Just got my ep3 and i know you've heard this question before.

Hey guys,
I just bought my 04 plate ep3 after literally 5 years of dreaming about it haha. I've had it a week and im already looking to improve the noise it makes. I HAVE read the guide, but i come here on a budget. Basically i don't have the sort of money atm to chuck down 5/600 on a gruppe m or another really expensive air filter, to be honest even the AEM one which is like 260 quid is a bit too much atm for me. For now i just wana get a little tidy gain with a nice noise. I was looking at 2nd hand typhoon inductions but i literally see them getting flamed everywere for damp heating or something. I mean is getting a k&n typhoon really gona make my car SLOWER than standard?... I'm also looking at remaps (i know this is the irrelevant section). But i've been told i can get another 40bhp and 50nm's of torque out of a remap for £200. So yeah what would you guys recommend for a great induction kit on a budget!

literally so happy to finally be part of the type-r owners club!

You are best off keeping the standard box on, and save for a decent intake rather than waste money on something like the K&N.

As for remaps, they don't come cheap with Honda and N/A you need a decent filter (£300-500 used, Gruppe M, Arc, etc) A race header (Dc Sports, Toda etc which come in at £200-£500 used) A Cat back, again similar prices but £500 would get you a decent system, RBC inlet manifold, £250, KPRO or K100 ECU - £400-£700 and then mapping at around £300..

That will bring you an extra 35-50 bhp depending on which parts you choose to buy.

Alternatively you could get the extra 80-100bhp by fitting a supercharger, £4k odd fitted and mapped for the complete kit, but then you need all of the above (excluding the RBC manifold, KPRO, mapping)

Hey guys,
I just bought my 04 plate ep3 after literally 5 years of dreaming about it haha. I've had it a week and im already looking to improve the noise it makes. I HAVE read the guide, but i come here on a budget. Basically i don't have the sort of money atm to chuck down 5/600 on a gruppe m or another really expensive air filter, to be honest even the AEM one which is like 260 quid is a bit too much atm for me. For now i just wana get a little tidy gain with a nice noise. I was looking at 2nd hand typhoon inductions but i literally see them getting flamed everywere for damp heating or something. I mean is getting a k&n typhoon really gona make my car SLOWER than standard?... I'm also looking at remaps (i know this is the irrelevant section). But i've been told i can get another 40bhp and 50nm's of torque out of a remap for £200. So yeah what would you guys recommend for a great induction kit on a budget!

literally so happy to finally be part of the type-r owners club!

Welcome to the club!
I personally would save for the Tegiwa Carbon Air Box (£340.00) if you want a brand new one. But as mentioned above second hand filters are always knocking about. I sold my old AEM Cai for around £80 some time back, so bargains can be had. Keep an eye out mate and good luck.

^+1 I got my AEM CAI 2nd hand - powder coated black for £100 delivered.

Might be worth you having a look at the hondata airbox mod, I did that as soon as I got mine and it sounded a little meaner - placebo effect of making it feel a little more responsive too - not sure if it was or not - I doubt it.

Hello chap, If you want noise on a Budget I have a AEM V2 for sale, Gives a very very loud noise in VTEC and very addictive, always put a grin on my face, Its up for £75 delivered!

And yes your probally read lots of posts on here about the downsides to a V2, but I had it on the car 2 years and cant say I really noticed a difference.

for cheap motoring and a bit of fun, stick the second hand aem v2 on for £75. can't argue at that. then you can still save for a real del boy air intake but enjoy the sound of the induction kit. once you're done with the aem you'll get your £75 so even if its no good its a win win.

Hello chap, If you want noise on a Budget I have a AEM V2 for sale, Gives a very very loud noise in VTEC and very addictive, always put a grin on my face, Its up for £75 delivered!

And yes your probally read lots of posts on here about the downsides to a V2, but I had it on the car 2 years and cant say I really noticed a difference.

I couldn't agree more with the above. I read so much about the V2 and heat soak before i brought mine but i can safley say that i never (appeared to have) had any of the issues I read about. Ironically when i read the OP's 1st post i was going to direct him in the directioon of your sale chap.

Back