• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Just imported an EK9 stuck on registering it

Do you not have to send off your driving licence, insurance cover note, MOT and proof of address to the DVLA?

Just seen this thread - but can't really help as mine didn't need to be SVA'd - just needed the rear fog light fitting (along with windscreen washers & white side lights for the MOT).

I heard from other people how much hassle the SVA could be, so when I was looking for mine, the criteria was no younger than 9 years and 11 months old :cool:

What age is it ??

If it's older than 10 years then it just needs an MOT rather than SVA, not sure on how to register it though, have you looked on the dvla website ??

£300 sounds about right to hire one, the only other way is to create your own but that will cost a LOT more. Some SVA places have their own model reports you can use, however on a car like a EK9 this is probably unlikely.

Without the model report there is no SVA, without which you cannot register the vehicle.

hmm its 10 years old early next year so im thinking i mite be better off waiting

You can get it prep'd for it's MOT now - the only thing you will NEED is to fit a rear fog light. The rest depends on the state of the car (much like getting a std MOT). Obviously it makes more sense to get the MOT after 9 years & 11 months (i.e. just before the car can be registered without an SVA).

Note: If you've got an MOT appointment pre-booked, you can legally drive to the test centre for the test - without plates or road tax - since you cannot register the car (& get plates/tax) until it's passed it's MOT). If it fails, & you don't get the work done at the test centre, not sure about the legality of driving it to a different garage, but the same rules apply for a re-test.

You can also use this time to source out decent insurance (if not already done so).

If you need any further details, drop me a pm, as i went through all the "fun" in Oct / Nov

Last edited by a moderator:
Back