• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

just ordered tts/rotrex kit for my ep3 any one have one?

Mine's arriving in about 2 weeks, FN2 version though.

Done a lot of reading up on it. It's a very good kit, better in many ways to the Jackson Racing Kit.

Did you go for the standard one or the intercooled version?

I had the money ready to give cpl for the jackson then found out about the rotrex as my mate has one on his 106 rallye.

Ordered mine about 2 weeks ago so hopefully soon im too excited lol!

I went for the std one but thinking about swapping it for the intercooled one, what are you doing about clutch?

I'm getting a full friction plate stage two clutch fitted, also getting a Wavetrac LSD put in all at the same time.

I got talked into the non-intercooled standard one because it will probably make as much power as the Jackson Racing one anyway, and you can always get an intercooler later.

The intercooled version for the FN2 also has a smaller radiator that replaces the OEM one. That I don't like the idea of, so if I do get one it will be a custom cooler. TDi-North are looking at designing one for the Rotrex.

Main thing that attracted me to the Rotrex was as it is a centrifugal charger, the boost increases with the square of the revs. So in normal every day driving it is developing little boost, and so it can be reasonably economical.

As the revs build, so does the boost and the torque, so the effect is quite similar to VTEC.

Also the Rotrex doesn't whine like the Jackson Racing one, so it's a bit more stealth!

All round seems like a very good option. ;)

sorry to but in guys...

but i was just wondering, after fitting the supercharger in question what sort of 0-60 are we talking? - How much extra is it to insure your car with the modification and what sort of car could you compare the speed to?.. e.g. would you be leaving M3's in the mist? / keeping up with evo's? (all standard, obviously a tuned evo / m3 is going to tear!)

And finally what is the price your paying for the supercharger & fitting?

cheers guys

i would love to fit a charger to my ctr.

it's coming up for 4 years of my ownership of my ctr and i am currently wieghing up to change to a dc5 or spend the cash it would take to change on a charger.

sorry to but in guys...

but i was just wondering, after fitting the supercharger in question what sort of 0-60 are we talking? - How much extra is it to insure your car with the modification and what sort of car could you compare the speed to?.. e.g. would you be leaving M3's in the mist? / keeping up with evo's? (all standard, obviously a tuned evo / m3 is going to tear!)

And finally what is the price your paying for the supercharger & fitting?

cheers guys

The Rotrex should give me around 310-320bhp at the fly with my current mods on my FN2.

I know a chap with a CW FN2, which has a constant displacement charger, which is on boost all of the time, therefore makes is harder to get away from the line. He has had to go for boost by gear, and it gets quite complicated on the FN2, swapping out ECUs to the USDM one etc. It's much easier on the EP3 to get boost by gear as it can be done easier with KPRO, I'm stuck with Flashpro with the FN2.

Anyway I'm rabbiting on. The CW FN2 is running about 330bhp at the fly and he can comfortably out drag an E46 M3. With a good start, the power to weight ratio is slightly better with the charged Type R. It is of course easier to launch a RWD E46, so it all depends on the driver and conditions.

I have been quoted a 60% loading on my current insurance premium up to 350bhp. I will hopefully be able to negotiate a better deal when I renew in Sept as the wife is now 30 and more companies will cover me because of that. I'm 31 BTW. ;)

i would love to fit a charger to my ctr.

it's coming up for 4 years of my ownership of my ctr and i am currently wieghing up to change to a dc5 or spend the cash it would take to change on a charger.

A lot of people will say go for the DC5. It's a much more focused car, has the LSD and has much better steering feel due to hydraulic power steering rather than electronic.

Horses for courses though. I want Clarkson levels of POWER!! :twisted: :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
yeh the DC5 is a more focused car but i feel if i get one i will still be yearning for more power as they are not much quicker than my ep3.

i would say i will roughly be looking at around £3000 to fit a charger, LSD and kpro so its a tough decision.

yeh the DC5 is a more focused car but i feel if i get one i will still be yearning for more power as they are not much quicker than my ep3.

i would say i will roughly be looking at around £3000 to fit a charger, LSD and kpro so its a tough decision.

That's what I'm thinking, I'd get a DC5 and end up charging that! :rolleyes:

It might be a bit more than that. The base EP3 Rotrex kit is £2,820 inc VAT but plus fitting! :lol:

Been told it will take about a day (8 hours) plus mapping.

http://www.rotrexsuperchargers.co.uk/Rotrex/pages/products/cars/CivicTypeR_EP3/prod_CivicEP3.html

Wavetrac LSD part only is costing me £700ish inc VAT plus 4-5 hours labour to fit. It's a gearbox out job to get to the diff.

Clutch is about another £160 I think just for the part and they are sticking it in while the gearbox is off.

It all adds up! :p

looks like i better get saving then!

i take it turboing my ep3 would be cheaper but turbo's are for tossers in my eyes and would more than likely rape the internals of the engine aswell.

good luck with the project bud.

Im going for the Quaife diff as I had one in my rallye so I shall stick with them
As too clutch Im undecided yet they will both be STD items for a month or so till I can afford to change them!

Tts must hate me I keep ringing for updates :)

The CW FN2 is running about 230bhp at the fly and he can comfortably out drag an E46 M3. With a good start, the power to weight ratio is slightly better with the charged Type R. It is of course easier to launch a RWD E46, so it all depends on the driver and conditions.

Are you quite sure of this good Sir?

Are you quite sure of this good Sir?

I've not seen it with my own eyes but he almost casually says he dispatches E46 M3s when you bring it up with him. He says it annoys the crap out of them. :lol:

E46 M3 weighs 1495kg and has 338bhp according to Parkers, so 226.1 bhp/tonne

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/specs/Detail.aspx?deriv=20157

FN2 weighs 1267kg and say conservatively has 320bhp when charged, gives 252.7 bhp/tonne.

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/specs/Detail.aspx?deriv=36128

That's a fair chunk more power, so if you can get the power down for the launch and the 0-60, if it's not ahead already the FN2 is still going to pull away higher speeds.

That makes more sense, in the quote it was written 230hp

I would expected a supercharged Civic to dominate an e46 M3 in any circumstance, Hell my ep3 is faster than the drop-top and only slightly slower than the hard top with just bolt-ons!

That makes more sense, in the quote it was written 230hp

I would expected a supercharged Civic to dominate an e46 M3 in any circumstance, Hell my ep3 is faster than the drop-top and only slightly slower than the hard top with just bolt-ons!

:lol: I hadn't noticed that figure, off to edit it now...

I'm on 230 now before the charger! :p

I've also asked for something a bit different with my Rotrex kit.

Not saying anything yet, as I don't want anyone copying yet, but it is going to look :cool:

:lol:

Have you got your kit yet?

I just had a competition clutch stage 4 fitted and a lightened flywheel fitted

My kit should be here during the week, cant wait im so exicted lol ;)

Back