• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Just put on an aem v2 ... my thoughts

Helloooo everyone!

I just bought a 2nd hand AEM v2 for £75 (bargain!)... I've got to say in my opinion its the best £75 ive spent in a longgg time.

I've had my 04 plate CTR for around 3 weeks now, and when i first got it the speed didn't disappoint ment. However the noise did. For like 4 years i've been creaming over the thought of a type-r, literally wanted once since i was 16. All the youtube vids the most distinctive feature was that roar that occurs when you enter VTEC... However when i first jumped into my CTR and floored it the sound really didn't do it for me.

So i decided that as i am kinda on a budget atm to get an aem v2. Now i have actually noticed the car isnt quite as responsive, but i think the difference is minimal. I mean i would trade 5bhp or so for the sound that the aem v2 gives, i was literally grinning from ear to ear when i first heard it. Really amazing noise.

I'm just gona casually chuck away £50 a month now and save for either a tegiwa or a gruppe m. But i just have to say if anyone is thinking of getting an induction kit, there is literally no point in thinking about anything other than the gruppe m or the tegiwa if you want performance. If your on a budget you need an aem v2 for the noise, believe me! Heatsoak is an issue but its something minimal imo, the noise makes up for it, the sheer fuss when you engage vtec is almost addictive!

.... thats just my opinion so no flames guys ;D

i love vtec :smt047

Totally agree!!!
I too have a Tegiwa intake on my DC5. cheaper than a gruppe M at £330.
Billion times better over the AEM V2 and sounds great on VTEC.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know the exact power increase as I never had the car tested before and after I fitted it. But it has loads more power and sounds 100% better than the V2 did.

im gonna give u on the V2, the thought of hydrolock ***** me up anyway. where can i get a cheap tegiwa? and are they easy to fit?

im gonna give u on the V2, the thought of hydrolock ***** me up anyway. where can i get a cheap tegiwa? and are they easy to fit?

please watch the text speak on here matey, its not allowed and the moderators are quite hot on it

Best place to get a Tegiwa is from Tegiwa themselves

Hydrolock on the AEM CAI will only happen if you are in about 11/2 foot of water or more, and by then Hydrolock will be the least worry on your mind as you would most likely have water coming in the door sills. Don't let the one or two horror stories scare you. The AEM CAI is pound for pound one of the best intakes around. It makes good gains, sounds great and is less costly than anything else out there. I had the K&N, which is great sounding, a Gruppe M which is the bling of the intake world for the Red H, and the AEM, i would go for an AEM again over anything, at least until prices start to lower a little.

ive seen a few of the AEM's ones on ebay for about £200. Im completely new to this game, had a long line of bmw's and fancied a change. Am i right in thinking that AEM do a long and short arm intake? ive heard the ones that hide down near the arch can be a pain to fit.

ive seen a few of the AEM's ones on ebay for about £200. Im completely new to this game, had a long line of bmw's and fancied a change. Am i right in thinking that AEM do a long and short arm intake? ive heard the ones that hide down near the arch can be a pain to fit.

The wheel arch fitment AEM is not the big disaster to fit that many claim - I managed it and my mechanical skills are on par with Ryan Giggs' private life.

Volume = bhpz.

Srsly though, I had a mate who had a blitz sonic on his ctr years ago and it sounded mortal (shameless geordie shore quip, why aye). They make gruppe m's and the like sound tame.

They are easy to fit if you go about it right. You only need to notch out a little of the wheel arch liner, and to put the intake chamber in, do it from the underneath of the car, feed it up to the throttle body. Then attatch filter cone and piping and it is done. SIMPLES.

Back