• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

k&n apollo

You'll get minimal gains from all intakes tbh. Unless you're running some epic engine spec it really doesn't matter what you buy IMO.

People will talk of heatsoak like it kills the car (for open filters) and gives it the same performance as a 1.1l but it's not that bad.

K&N make decent filters and it will make lots of noise, hooked up to a cold air feed I don't see why it wouldn't be at it's best. But when you say work, as in will it filter the air going into the engine, then yes :lol:

When i say work i ment work well :p

Though the apollo is boxed so heatsoak is not an issue.

In theory i should not lose power? Right?

With a cold air feed and forwards movement you shouldnt lose power.
The heatsoak seems to be more of an issue when setting off from a standstill when the cold air feed has no effect until cold air has reached the filter.
Should get a nice sound but would have thought power +/- wouldnt really be any different especially without a remap.

Okay sweet thanks mate, i think your right.
Im just feeding it from the stock ducts anyway. Should work fine.

I had one of these on my FN2 for a while......if your after noise youll want something else, as when you hook up the cold air feed it essentially becomes a closed box so it's not much louder than stock!

i have also had a AEM Shortram...sounded nice but had a nasty flatspot...... i now have an RSK which im veery happy with!

ohhh so it ran well??

yer I had the same problem with a short ram and im not to keen on running huge CAI.
As long as it works and I get a little more noise im happy :D

Update in the Apollo.

Im pretty sure I got the rip off cheep version, when I hooked it up air flow meter and all the car would just stall after start up and would not run at all!!!

So..... id say not a good intake at all. Maybe try the expensive $400 version if you are going to try this intake.

Back