• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

K+N Typhoon

I was wondering if an induction kit effects the fuel consumption much or will it stay relatively the same as without. I'm looking at getting the K+N typhoon and just trying to get as much info as possible. Also is the K+N typhoon a good choice or any other recommendations.

Don't bother with the K&N, it's not that good tbh. Save a bit more and go for either an AEM CAI which will give you the same sort of noise, but will give you some real world performance gains. Or go for a closed box intake like the Gruppe M or even the Tegiwa M. Both of these will give you a good noise, some bling under the bonnet and some good gains. And as for fuel usage, a decent air intake will actually free up the breathing of the engine and as such will add a small amount of mpg to the car. The ECU will learn the extra air being brought into the engine, and then adjust the fuelling to suit. Hope this helps;)

Thanks for the answer that's really helpful, I'll have a look into te AEM CAI I've heard good review about that also, and that's good to hear about the MPG it all helps.

No worries bud. If you go for the AEM, try and get the hydro shield with it. It's basically a water resistant material cover that goes on the filter. It helps with eliminating the smaller particles of water being drawn in. The filter sits in between the bumper and the wheel arch liner. You get a good supply of cold air down there, so you do see some gains from it. You just need to avoid the deepest of puddles as a precaution. A lot of people go on about Hydrolock, but as has been shown, you'd have water coming into the sills before that so you'd have to be pretty silly to be driving through that much water anyway. I ran mine for about 18 months in the worst weather Devon could throw at me, and I never had a single problem.

That sounds like the kit that is best m, I've come straight from VW so still learning about the VTEC engines and what works and what is best so that's much appericiated.

I would go with the HKS, plus it's about halt the price as the GruppeM.

That sounds like the kit that is best m, I've come straight from VW so still learning about the VTEC engines and what works and what is best so that's much appericiated.

Unfortunately the K20 can be a bitch to get power from. You haven't said if you've an FN or EP. For the motor, bra thin is a must, a good intake and a good exhaust would be a good start. A remap is a good idea, the K100 for an EP or the Flashpro for an FN will allow you to fine tune those parts you've put on, adding some power, but also smoothing the curve out as from the factory it can be a little lumpy. For suspension, Eibachs springs are used quite a lot along with a Fast Road Set Up. You'll probably know what that is, but check out the suspension are of the forum if not, there's a sticky about it. With these few done, you'll find the car more compliant through the bends and quicker out of them. With Hondas it more about the whole experience than just the straight line speed. Last thing, enjoy your car bud, you'll find VTec addictive, a few of us have strayed from Hondas, but always seem to come back to them in the end. I've been there and done that, and I'm now in a DC5 which I'd wanted for nearly a decade. ;)

Get the tegiwa cant knock it cheaper than the gruppe m and does the same job, you will love the sound when vtec kicks in !

Back