• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

K series engine

Hello, I have a question if someone could help.

I was looking and thinking of changing my ep3 engine to an accord type r engine because standard they 220bhp but is this in the block or management and what are the two different engine numbers cheers?

Or would any parts or even the engine out of an s2000 fit as they are 240bhp standard?

Cheers

K20 has the potential to make more power and revs much higher. You should look down the k100/kpro ecu route. Loads of info down here.

It would cost you a lot of money to put a H22 into your car with some of that money spent on tuning the k20 you would definitely end up with more power.

S2000 is a no go too. Just look at some of the threads on here Dotty's K20 recently made over 260bhp.

The amount you'll spend on d1icking around with a H22 motor, you could easily Supercharge your car, then you'll have way more than 240bhp on tap. Dotty's car is pushing 250 all motor with a few select mods and good mapping. If you want bigger displacement, look at G's car, with mods he is pushing a lot more, i think around 260, but with a lot more torque. BHP is not the most important figure, you could have 1million BHP, but if you have no torque it doesn't matter.

The amount you'll spend on d1icking around with a H22 motor, you could easily Supercharge your car, then you'll have way more than 240bhp on tap. Dotty's car is pushing 250 all motor with a few select mods and good mapping. If you want bigger displacement, look at G's car, with mods he is pushing a lot more, i think around 260, but with a lot more torque. BHP is not the most important figure, you could have 1million BHP, but if you have no torque it doesn't matter.

G's motor is making 304hp n/a ;)

The H22 is a swine to get any decent power gains out of. Also, it'd cost thousands to fit it on an EP3. It's also less frugal, weaker, heavier and doesn't rev as high.

H22 is early 90s technology too - would be a real step backwards fitting one in a current K20 engined car. Fitting a K20 in an ATR would be more interesting :)

realistically you should set some goals for your car before sinking any large amount of money into the car. Swapping engine platforms would not be a cost effective investment, nor would the results probably be in favor. The k20 engines are very superior for a number of reasons. Biggest being the cylinder heads.

If you're trying to stay naturally aspirated with mostly bolt ons. My recommendation would be: Intake/intake manifold/ Header/exhaust and a good set of cams(valvetrain if you select a beefier cam). a good setup can yield 230-240 wheel horsepower on stock internals. (obviously it would be considerable more if you were talking BHP).

Higher compression pistons/ longer stroke bottom end will yield even more. but your supporting mods needs to except it. Rod/Stroke ratio comes into play, etc etc. k24/k20's are awful popular now days stateside due to the extra torque. matching a good cylinder head program will make tremendous amounts of power considering the displacement. In fact I'm in the process of building a k24/k20 setup that will yield 300 WHEEL horsepower that will be implanted into a lotus exige S. We are ditching the toyota supercharged motor altogether.

In fact I'm in the process of building a k24/k20 setup that will yield 300 WHEEL horsepower that will be implanted into a lotus exige S. We are ditching the toyota supercharged motor altogether.

Would love to see a video of that go when it's done.

Back