• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

K100 Arrived :)

Got my K100 through the post this morning.

What I was wondering is do I need to get the keys coded first before I fit it or will it work ok without. I have seen YouTube vids of people fitting it then driving around with the green immobiliser light flashing.

Thing is I just popped out to fit it, tried to start the car and its just firing not starting, am I a noob?
icon_redface.gif

Help guys / gals please.

With kpro you can access it and disable the immobilser, then it will start but with the green light flashing. With K100 you can't access it yourself so you can't disable the immobilser, ergo it wont start with it fitted. Take it to your nearest tuner.

With kpro you can access it and disable the immobilser, then it will start but with the green light flashing. With K100 you can't access it yourself so you can't disable the immobilser, ergo it wont start with it fitted. Take it to your nearest tuner.

Ah right so need it tuning / mapping to my car first. If I take it to honda and have the keys coded to it will it work then?

Ah right so need it tuning / mapping to my car first. If I take it to honda and have the keys coded to it will it work then?

Not sure, my k100 knowledge is limited but I can't see why not. Put in your OEM ecu and book your car in for a ECU swap and recode. This should work I think. What map is loaded on the K100??

Also you don't have your keys coded, your immobilser is coded to the ECU.

Appreciate your help harv.

Its just the simple RSX / breathing mods map which I already have fitted so shouldnt have any problems with the map and my mods.

Got an egineer ringing me back in a min from Honda see what slaver he gives me.

I wouldn't go near anything like this without taking it to the pro's TBH.

It should only cost a few hundred to get it mapped and fitted properly.

You will still need Honda to code the immobiliser though.

Oh right, yeah I suppose this makes sense due to the fact its a ECU from another car.

I had mine fitted on my ECU so that would make it much easier I suppose.

The K100 is normally an add on to your own ecu (like Suits did above). Since you have bought another ecu & the fact that you do not have the user functions to disable the immobiliser (as with Kpro), you need to drive to a Honda dealership with your current ecu in (as Harv said).

When there (actually in the garage where they intend to do the coding), swap your ecu for the K100 one. Then sit back & let the technicians do their bit (about 20mins - take all your keys with you), pay the £40 odd quid they'll probably charge you & you're good to go with the current base map you have (as long as your mods are similar).

Hope that helps! :smt023

The K100 is normally an add on to your own ecu (like Suits did above). Since you have bought another ecu & the fact that you do not have the user functions to disable the immobiliser (as with Kpro), you need to drive to a Honda dealership with your current ecu in (as Harv said).

When there (actually in the garage where they intend to do the coding), swap your ecu for the K100 one. Then sit back & let the technicians do their bit (about 20mins - take all your keys with you), pay the £40 odd quid they'll probably charge you & you're good to go with the current base map you have (as long as your mods are similar).

Good reply. :D

Exactly the reply I was after, simple, yet thorough and to the point.

Cheers Bud.

Back