• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

K100 ecu

I have got a k100 Ecu in my ep3 and I am wondering what sort of money it's with to sell as I don't go on track and don't use the power of the car so I don't see the point in haven it. Thanks guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That ^ why not keep it though, if you remove it and it is mapped properly then you will lose out on MPG - I say keep it as it makes the car more drivable, and you would regret selling it in the long run IMO.

:lol:

It's WORTH HAVING. Not 'with haven'.

You could put it up for £500 and you might get lucky that someone has the same or similar mods and will not require a re-map - they might be more willing to part with a higher figure. It's a steal at £400 IMO.

... You do know they also increase MPG quite significantly too, right?

I can not see how it would give you more mpg to be honest. It's been mapped at cpl racing so it's been done rite I am really not getting the benefit of the ecu ***. As I don't drive fast or race people in it.

Is that price with a exchange or just a straight sale.

Well that entirely depends on what you agree with the buyer doesn't it?

If you need an exchange, state it in your add.

it will be easier to sell without the need for an exchange, if you can source a ECU from here CTRO or ebay first it saves a lot of messing around.

No I am keeping the car just want to take some mods off the car starting with the ecu.

Hi joe, check your inbox mate, i definitely want this ecu from you. :D, I'd do a part exchange with you too if it's easier, anybody any idea what my standard ecu is worth ? i saw one on ebay for £250, thanks guys

Honda will charge between 'Telling you it's not possible to £50 to £30' to code the new keys in any sort of exchange done with them, depending on where you go and who you ask. Chelmsford Honda did mine.

I paid £30 IIRC to get my old K100 swapped with a OEM ECU.

K100 does have the ability to improve MPG, I got an average of an extra 25 miles to a tank of petrol.

Can I not just unplug the k100 out of mine and that would be it.

No.

Because your car keys are coded to run your ECU, it's to do with the immobiliser IIRC.

If you swap the keys, you won't be able to start or even get into your car.

It's a simple process you just have to have the software and the knowledge.

Back