• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

K100 ecu

I went from around 28/29 to 31/32 average MPG. A decent increase for the milage I do. Plus the drivability is nice, you don't have to ring the neck off it in every gear to drop back into vtec, which is nice.

And Suits is correct, it's isn't as simple as plug in and play unless you have your original ECU (which will still be coded to your key) to swap over with.

Sounds like hassle to me this. Who can code the ecu so it will work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

funny-pictures-troll-car-hating.jpg

Sent from my PC using a keyboard and mouse.

calm down will you no need for you to speak to me like that

Well please take the time to read people's answers to your questions.

We've taken our time to explain things to you, then you just appear to ignore them and re-ask the same question.

It's a waste of everyone's time.

calm down will you no need for you to speak to me like that.

There's every need to speak to you like that. Ignoring responses to your questions and then asking again as Suits says is a waste of our time, and lets be honest here, rude.

Wait there I was under the impression the k100 was just put in the ecu so it could be programmed for the map and not the whole ecu

This is a funny topic to read...

Why is everybody so upset? Because he's probably the first one here talking about downgrading a car :) Or because he didn't take time to read answers?

Okay... Joe01:

You basically have 4 options:

1)Buy a second hand ECU on ebay, change it at the HONDA GARAGE and let them recode the second hand ECU. This option allows you to keep the k100 and sell it later.
2)Use a forum to make a deal with a potential buyer and just swap yours with him, also do this at a HONDA GARAGE to let them code your new ECU.
3)Keep the k100, let it be, use the advantage of the extra MPG's and SELL the ECU when u sell the car. In this case, refer to option 1 or 2 once you sell the car.
4)Keep the k100, let it be, use the advantage of the extra MPG and SELL the ECU together with the car if you ever were to sell the car, ask an aditional 500£, 90% chanse a chav will want to buy that car for pimping it, so this saves him a mapping cost...

These are the most common options...

Now here's some extra advice:
*Find a HONDA garage willing to recode the keys BEFORE making the swap
*If you really want to sell the k100, go with option 2 (my opinion)

Hope this helped :)

Second warning for text speak.

Wait there I was under the impression the k100 was just put in the ecu so it could be programmed for the map and not the whole ecu

Iirc the k100 is soldered into the standard ecu which allows for a remap to be saved onto the new board.

It is ^

The k100 is a circuit board that is installed in your ECU in a similar fashion to the K-Series programmable ECU (K-Pro) at a lower cost. It allows your Hondata dealer to install a custom flash program based off any of the programs supplied with the K-Pro or any program of their own design. A dealer can also custom tune, using their K-Pro, a map specifically tailored for the customers car.
Unlike the K-Pro, the k100 does not have datalogging nor does it have programming capability. Programming and installation are done by your Hondata dealer.

Hey guys, So what is it they do at honda for charging £30-£50 for coding ? ive seen a thread in the ''how to'' section earlier for registering a new key immobiliser to the car, i think its just a series of ignition on, press lock, ignition off, and repeat this 3 times,

so swap k100 for oem ecu, and try this trick ? or have i got the wrong end of the stick ?

Also does anybody know the value of an oem ecu ? the only one i found on ebay was £250 just not sure if thats right.

Thanks.

2 OEM ecu's available on CTRO at the moment both around £100.

For a swap you've got to remember the person buying it may need to get the ECU remapped ASAP depending on how big of a difference the two cars are modding wise.

Last edited by a moderator:
Being not English as native language, I apoligise for making spelling errors. However I feel very offended in the fact that a non English person gets warnings for making ERRORS, not TEXT SPEAKING.
Also, I'm thinking this is getting personal considering the fact I found those 4 pages filled with text speak.

I am sorry for going offtopic here, I try to help people and I ask for help alot. It's very dissapointing to find out I get aimed at and I have got no clue at all why. If anyone has a problem with me being here, please tell me...

The difference and what is and isn't acceptable is explained in the rule http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?69042-View-on-Text-Speak

One more question, what does FFS means? As a foreigner, I don't know what that means

For F*ck Sake

Back