• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

K100 worthy upgrade with basic mods?

Is fitting and mapping a K100 a worthy upgrade for my car with a Supersprint B-pipe (unsilenced) with OEM back box.
I've done the Hondata air box modification and I've got a good flow of air to the box.

TDI North have told me not to pursue a piper manifold and sports cat as I'll lose mid-range.
I don't want to de-cat...only sports cat if poss.

I reckon I'll get better throttle response and a lower Vtec point.

Your thoughts?

I have done the k100 with almost the same mods apart from I have the aem cai. Just do it it transforms the car, makes it so much more drivable. Have a look on my thread for the dyno printout. VTEC comes in at 4200 rpm but there is an almost 40 bhp increase in midrange.

Thanks Simon.
Have you had any water issues with the aem long arm kit?
Sounds like a map will be good.

I have the aem cai on my otherwise stock ep3 and have never had an issue with it yet, if you drove through a deep puddle at speed I suppose your asking for it!

The car also performs much better with it fitted, better than the short ram kit I had on it and better than the oem box it also sounds very very good ;)

Little video of the aem cai on mine just for sound :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeWAEcuojAs

Last edited by a moderator:
If the filter sits in the wheel well behind the bumper how does the air get to it? have you removed the fog light blanking plate or something?

Thanks Simon. Have you got one of those AEM hydrolock valves fitted?
I also wondered how the cold air actually gets to the filter.

Thanks Simon. Have you got one of those AEM hydrolock valves fitted?
I also wondered how the cold air actually gets to the filter.

No hydro sock mate. As for the cold air not a clue, guessing it just gets sucked into the area its in, its not like its a sealed area.

Rikki1985 was asking the same about the k100, met up with him today and let him have a drive of mine, needless to say he is getting one fitted next year.

A huge thank you to Simon for letting me have a drive in his ace civic:lol:
Simon will back me up on how surprised and how much I enjoyed driving his civic with the k100. It truely transforms the civic. The power in mid range and smooth delivery of vtec is just brilliant and I will definitely be booking in at tdi north this summer:lol:
Thanks again to top man Simon.

Attachments

• IMG_0107.JPG
    IMG_0107.JPG
    830.4 KB · Views: 27
If the filter sits in the wheel well behind the bumper how does the air get to it? have you removed the fog light blanking plate or something?

You don't need to remove the blanking plate plenty of cold air gets into that area and it really does make a noticeable difference to how the car performs, I fitted a similar kit to an old mg zs180 I had years back and it gained around 6-7 bhp on that particular car as the standard setup was pants tbh !

K100 is definitely worthwhile on a near standard car, massive difference! If you want to save some £££ id recommend a cpl reflash.. you get like 80% of the gains at half the cost

oem manifold will be quite torquey in the midrange. But if you want to upgrade the manifold id recommend a dc5 manifold + cat. These are better than the sport cat manifolds (Mine made 248hp with one..) and cheaper. You would need a custom map (tdi, eurospec) if you do this. HTH

K100 is definitely worthwhile on a near standard car, massive difference! If you want to save some £££ id recommend a cpl reflash.. you get like 80% of the gains at half the cost

oem manifold will be quite torquey in the midrange. But if you want to upgrade the manifold id recommend a dc5 manifold + cat. These are better than the sport cat manifolds (Mine made 248hp with one..) and cheaper. You would need a custom map (tdi, eurospec) if you do this. HTH

Thanks.
If I did go for a DC5 manifold and cat, would I need to upgrade the inlet manifold and throttle body or can I use the OEM ep3 ones?

Nope. The exhaust is completely separate to the intake (ie. the inlet manifold, throttle body and airbox) therefore they don't need changing unless you want more power.

Its advisable that you get the JDM front anti roll bar as the dc5 manifold might knock on the oem ep3 anti roll bar, most exhaust manifolds require this. I think tegiwa sell them or 2nd hand to save some £.

If you do get one, its worth porting the steps in the primarys on the manifold (Hard to explain this without a pic!). Gives an extra 5hp or so. Tdi did this for me so best to ask them. Its easy and takes about an hour

Back