• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

K20/K24 Engine

So when I was looking at replacing my chain tensioner a while back came across a few references to a K20 head on a K24 block.

http://www.k-series.com/tech_document.php?id=48

This seems to be a common mod in the USA and I was wondering if anyone has attempted this in the UK?
I've searched for the K24 block but it seems like most of our engines are 2.2 :eek:

So has anyone done this or anyone know what the 2.4 litre engine is installed in the UK?

I know a guy near me that has built a Frankenstein motor (K24/20) himsf in his shed and put it in a Jordan (EK). Finished off and tucked by Hond-R. It is silly Quick. Around 290 bhp or so. Only revs to about 7.8 though. But it is a great mod.

I know a guy near me that has built a Frankenstein motor (K24/20) himsf in his shed and put it in a Jordan (EK). Finished off and tucked by Hond-R. It is silly Quick. Around 290 bhp or so. Only revs to about 7.8 though. But it is a great mod.

would that be graham??? if so my son knows him,that jordan is a beast

Oh so it has been done in the uk then.

Not sure if its still on the cards though :( just had 3 points in the post

One of my mate had a K24 conversion on his black facelift EP3. It's managed to produce around 450-500 bhp. Not sure what else his done to it, but it is extremely quick. Shame that his not on this forum.

One of my mate had a K24 conversion on his black facelift EP3. It's managed to produce around 450-500 bhp. Not sure what else his done to it, but it is extremely quick. Shame that his not on this forum.

Pressumably must have been either supercharged or turbo charged to get them figures.

ok mate. thanks

I'd say the money would be better spent elsewhere if you want performance, Im assuming you want to do it for performance??

Your best bang for buck would be to go down the FI route.

I'd say the money would be better spent elsewhere if you want performance, Im assuming you want to do it for performance??

Your best bang for buck would be to go down the FI route.

Ok mate, I am still planning on what to do to my car. I have had few bits done to it already. Probably, it is a good time to save up some cash. Wait til I've decided what to do, then take it from there.

I would not count this mod out. 300+ bhp N/A. Oodles of torque. Reliability, more power than you'd need in a FWD on the road. Throttle response. You can spend 3g's on a basic FI setup. How much more I wonder for a K24/20? Of course if you wanted you could go all out, prep the bottom end so you can build it to rev over 8k still. Still who'd do something like that eh?!

Ahem ;)

There is a guy in the US that has around 440bhp, n/a, though he stroked the bottom of the K24, ending up with a K26/20. This is in a CRX....

...erm there may also be a bit of Methanol involved as well :D

My new forged internals are being ordered by Lou at TDI this week from the very same guy in the US. We are building the engine to take a lot more than we plan on going for, so we will have an engine that is future proof to an extent. Building it to rev around 8200, the internals are planned with the thought of the extra piston speeds involved, erm around a 1000ft per second more if I understand it right.

We will run the engine like that for a while, replacing my Jackson header for a Skunk2 one, and a new inlet manifold as well, as a 70mm TB both from Skunk2. Combined this with Skunk2 stage 3 cams, and we should have a decent engine that makes good power and revs well.

I'll run it like that for a while then we may remove the head and do some careful headwork flowing it and porting to get every ounce of power.

At this point some would say, well throw on a Jackson and be done with it, however been there done that. I want to see what you can do with a decent build engine. That will make the same power and a decent chunk of torque, and be very reliable, with superb throttle response. As Honda intended.

What would power be like if you just put the 2.4 bottom end on the type r head,would you have to mod the internals on the bottom end?

Back