• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

k20 swap

Im doing a k20 swap in my em2. Was going to get a dc sports manifold. But after reading online about the issues with aftermarket manifolds, like fault codes running rich ect...
Should i bother? Ive got an rbc onthe way also.

Are you getting a K100/Kpro? If yes, then don't worry, the person doing the remap will sort that lot out.

You just need to get an ECU replacement bud. A KPro will sot out the fueling, but you'll need an O2 Sim to stop the EML light coming on. As for the mani, I have one on my Teg along with a Skunk intake mani and they do make good power. It's a well worthy mod if you're looking to make good gains, match them with a good exhaust and a decent Throttle Body and you'll be able to get setup with a very good map.

So if I got the kpro or the k100 could I use it as it is or will it need mapping straight away.

I
I want to take the car on some track days, so its going to be more of a toy

It will need a map doing bud. The K100 is a mappable ECU that gets locked after it's been mapped, you then take it back to the same mapper every time (from what I can gather). The KPro is an open ECU, meaning you can use the software to map yourself. If you're going to be changing parts often, I'd go for the KPro, you'll have the luxury of taking it to any tuner you like to get it mapped

The K100 is a mappable ECU that gets locked after it's been mapped, you then take it back to the same mapper every time (from what I can gather). The KPro is an open ECU, meaning you can use the software to map yourself. If you're going to be changing parts often, I'd go for the KPro, you'll have the luxury of taking it to any tuner you like to get it mapped

Both K100 and Kpro are "Mappable" by any Hondata tuner.
Unless you are a "serious" racer with big spec boosted car and racing so you need to adjust boost and traction control to set for track conditions a K100 will do just fine and is about £250 cheaper than a Kpro.

Back