• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Keeno's project teg - SOLD :(

Fantastic mods Keano, although I would say enhancements really. I can't remember the standard configiration of the rear light set up but yours looks fine and I would doubt it is an MOT failure.

Great car Keano, home made parcel shelf next :)

Fantastic mods Keano, although I would say enhancements really. I can't remember the standard configiration of the rear light set up but yours looks fine and I would doubt it is an MOT failure.

Great car Keano, home made parcel shelf next :)

MDF FTW :lol:

I did think of this but when looking at my brothers fiesta st, the fog light looked the same brightness as the brakelights. If needed though, ive got everything connected via terminals so its easily re-connected

The rear fogs have to be as bright as the rear brake lights so theres no worries there. As long as you have the ability to have a continuous bright red light at the rear of your car which you are able to switch on and off then that counts as a fog light. I'm planing on having my inside brake lights as brake lights and fogs in the future when I can be arsed to wire up some diodes into the circuit.

That looks like it's been undersealed btw Keeno ;).

I'm planing on having my inside brake lights as brake lights and fogs in the future when I can be arsed to wire up some diodes into the circuit.

That looks like it's been undersealed btw Keeno ;).

good good :)

I did think of doing the diode but couldnt be arsed in the end LOL

Great little write up =)
Im doing a little project mint myself and am going to use this thread to help me do my brembo calipers.
Championship white is definitely the sexiest colour

Little bit of an update today, nothing major just after looking at the Jap service history, funnily enough I can’t understand when the last gearbox oil change was done so decided to do it myself for peace of mind.

Things needed were:

- Honda OEM MTFIII oil - 2 litres (£14)

1.jpg

- Funnel (£ 3 from halfrauds)
- Piece of garden hose (dads garden hose is now mysteriously shorter :-$)
7.jpg

I started by taking the passenger side wheel off. Turned out that I didn’t need to take the arch liner off as the fill and drain plug were accessible:

3.jpg

I started by removing the fill plug using a socket wrench:

4.jpg

Next, I put an old tub under the gearbox to catch the oil and then removed the drain plug:

5.jpg

Whilst the oil was draining I changed the washers on the bolts:

6.jpg

After the oil was drained I replaced the drain plug. The hose was then attached to the end of the funnel and threaded through from the top and into the gearbox:

8.jpg

9.jpg

It took just over 1.5 litres’ to fill up before it started to overflow. After replacing the plug I cleaned up all the oil that had dripped onto the gearbox casing and replaced the wheel. Whole thing took about an hour and a half J

I also replaced the wipers as, after the rain we had, I discovered that they were pants. A new set of flat blade wipers were added as, on my old car, I found out that there were a lot better than the usual ones.

11.jpg

12.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Another very good write up Keeno.

Can you notice the difference with the gearbox oil? Where the gear changes feeling a little stiff before hand, or did you just change it because you're anal? :lol:

Another very good write up Keeno.

Can you notice the difference with the gearbox oil? Where the gear changes feeling a little stiff before hand, or did you just change it because you're anal? :lol:

I wasnt having any problems before but the changes do now feel smoother. I was mainly doing it for peace of mind as the service manual seems to call for it every 30k miles and mines just coming up to that. Its a great feeling doin it yourself :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Small Update:

Found a bit of spare money and this is the result.

Before:

DSC01035.jpg

DSC01036.jpg

After:

DSC01039.jpg

DSC01037.jpg

DSC01038.jpg

I think all i need to say is.....:D:D:D

Big thanks to Nat (Foxy red) for delivering it so quickly

Back