• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Keeno's project teg - SOLD :(

Not updated this for a while. Not much has changed with the car except for it having a major service done at Honda including valve clearence

Have also purchased two new Toyo TR-1 tyres as well as new front discs and pads.
DSC00573.jpg

DSC00572.jpg

Disc wise I just went for the normal OEM brembos but big thanks to Nat at TGM for the advise on the front pads and for arranging delivery at a great price. These were fitted this weekend for which I did guide for here - http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?66745-How-to-change-DC5-front-discs-and-pads

Whilst cleaning the calipers i found that a prevous owner seems to have fitted braided hoses which was a nice surprise :)
DSC00580.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice, the car i should be buying has no brakes left, hence why its cheap :)

Im still wondering which ones to buy, but these do look nice n shiny! :)

joe.

DS2500s Keano?

Will be wicked once bedded in ;)
Tone - The feel is odd @ first, but performance wise well worth it.

DS2500s Keano?

Will be wicked once bedded in ;)
Tone - The feel is odd @ first, but performance wise well worth it.

I cant remember the number, think they might be DS2000s. Ones mainly for track use and is a harder compound (possible 'sqeeling' with normal road use) but as i wasnt going to use it on track i went for a softer compound.

Interesting to see you have the same type of marks on the inside of your wheels as I do once clean. Tried countless products and nothing shifted them.

well as the summers here it time to do some work. first up was repainting the calipers. previously i just re-laqured them which, whilst it looked good, didnt last very long, possibly because i didnt put enough coats on.

i first cleaned as much brake dust off as possible and then sanded down the calipers with wet and dry to remove the old brembo logo and laquer. i then re-paineted the calipers and was v.pleased with the results:

paint1.jpg

paint2.jpg

it was then time to re-apply the brembo logo.

sticker.jpg

startstick.jpg

finstick2.jpg

finstick1.jpg

whilst re-painting the calipers i decided to have the wheels refurbed in chapionship white as the insides were covered in brake dust which i couldnt remove and i had curbed both front wheels. so this is the wheels before

yuk.jpg

and after:

2new.jpg

frontnew.jpg

insidenew.jpg

DSC02081.jpg

frontright.jpg

leftrear.jpg

rightrear.jpg

nice.jpg

Where did you get the brembo decals? I was planning on re lacuering in the summer, but if they're not goin to last long, I might just re paint them. Did you lacquer over the decals after to seal them in?

Where did you get the brembo decals? I was planning on re lacuering in the summer, but if they're not goin to last long, I might just re paint them. Did you lacquer over the decals after to seal them in?

got the brembo decals here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Brembo-brake-...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2c54cb691f

when i origionally re-laquered them i only did 3 coats (if i remember correctly) where as ive recently read that people have applied up to 7 coats which may have been why it did last long. I re-painted them with foliatec caliper paint (origional red not signal red). tested the colour befors applying and was happy that it was a close match. it has to be brushed on so you need a good quality brush to make sure you get a smoth finish: http://www.foliatecshop.co.uk/shop/foliatec-brake-caliper-paint-p-80.html

no i didnt re-laquer the brembos as theres no laquer involved as the paint is mixed with a hardner before painting on which gives the 'glossy' tough finish

Last edited by a moderator:
What an amazing difference the refurb has made. Put a coat of Collinite 476 on them and they'll stay nice for a long time.

This is such a good thread, i just read the whole thing and am really looking forward to anymore you have coming our way! Really loving the attention to detail! Good work!

i have some decals you can have, black or white ?

Back