• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

keep an eye out for an 8 grand EP3.

if anyone on here has a silver EP3 02 or 52 reg with less than 60K on the clock NO CAT D, and wants to sell in the 8,000 region give me a shout.

if someone knows or sees one for sale not on pistonheads or autotrader give me a shout - would be appreciated.

focus has had 30K chucked on her in 9 months and is feeling a bit ropey now shes rapidly approaching 100K. sell her while i get good money.

ive been looking at other cars seriously for a month now, and heres my findings.

dc2: i would want to get a better condition one circa 50K miles and 2/3 owners S reg, but those are going for 7000~. the cheaper ones with 90K @ 5,500 are too expensive to justify on an 8 year old car. so unfortunately crossed off the list.

dc5, too expensive.

subaru impreza WRX bug eye or new shape. you can pick up a 2002 bug eye with 1 owner 40K miles for 8500-8750. problems are expensive maintenance and fuel costs, and one would immediately have to get morettes. you can get an 03/53 30K WRX with nice front end for sub 10K, but thats getting a bit expensive.

nothing else floats the boat, jap cars are wheres its at for cheap fun. nothing british jumps of the page. 8 grand buys you a decent VAG car but they are too heavy / expensive and the only one i could think of is a golf mk4 but it just aint me. too lardy. no chance with other european brands. the car must be a 2000 model +.

the ep3s are common, easy to pick up and lots of choice - which is odd as they only made 18,000 or whatever of them. also easy to sell.

I've never understood why the CTR's are so popular if they only made 18k either :?

Anyway 30k in 9 months :shock: fook me you do mega miles! You still guna be doing that kind of mileage when you get the CTR? Will cost a LOT more to run :(

with regards to milage you are indeed correct sir, i wouldn't entertain putting 40K a year onto a CTR if i cared about residuals which i do.

im coming back from canada in a couple of weeks and i may well actually end up emigrating out there but ive been a good boy for 9 months and i fancy something fun for the summer months, even if i sell it in a month at least i will have had some jokes before going back into a lower miler focus TDDI again (those cars are the dogs).

Rossy rang me today.

He has stuck a deposit down on a silver Ep3 and all being well will collect it on Tuesday :smt023

cheers boys if i had gone out saturday night i wouldnt have bought it it was a bit of an impulse buy whoops.

dont pick it up til friday however.

CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME A LIFT TO PLYMOUTH.......

Back