• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Keep it red or spray it

If you're settled on yellow, I would vote for the Renault shade, it's just about the only yellow I like on a car. A friend of mine has a megan RS in that colour and it looks amazing in the sun, and surprisingly good when dirty.

Although, Midnight purple is the best colour ever put on any car ever. EVER.

It is phoenix yellow yes. Apparently that car has two layers of paint, don't know if that makes much difference in real life.
Now that you mention the Megane RS there is one near my work with black wheels, will need to have a proper look at it tomorrow!
I keep changing my mind every hour, one minute its yellow, then back to white, then keep it red don't waste the money, then back to 'screw it just get it done in yellow'!!

Yellow would certainly get you noticed or how about the blue colour that the sports come in. Thats nice for somthing different on a type r in this country. Im thinking about it for mine.

Nah blue doesn't do it for me. Seen a type r the other day in blue, probably a sport made to look like one! Yeah I like the yellow.

i think if your going to spray it, i'd definitely do something original rather than Champ White. although I do like, theres still a few kicking about
renault yellow is an awesome shout!

im thinking of spraying mine aston martin infra red... want to stay red, but something original :D

So 5 pages and I haven't bothered reading anything after my last post.....have you decided on a colour?

So 5 pages and I haven't bothered reading anything after my last post.....have you decided on a colour?

Lol settled on not painting it white. Still undecided though. Did you see the yellow ctr I posted up? Rather nice, but maybe a bit tacky. Leaning towards cosmic grey now ha ha

Yellow is cool, I'd vote the Renault liquid yellow that they use on the R26/R27. Cosmic grey is nice but if I had the choice to paint my car what colour I wanted it wouldn't be a standard colour. But obviously that's my opinion :lol:

Yellow is cool, I'd vote the Renault liquid yellow that they use on the R26/R27. Cosmic grey is nice but if I had the choice to paint my car what colour I wanted it wouldn't be a standard colour. But obviously that's my opinion :lol:

Yeah I'm totally of the same opinion. Really do want it to look different. I should just bite the bullet and do it in think.
It's difficult to know what it will look like. Being the way I am I want a colour that I can spend a few hours detailing it and get a really nice shine from it. Would yellow give me that compared to the grey or red?

Yellow is the same as white, you will struggle to get a deep shine from it. Liquid yellow on the other hand, in the flesh is lovely, it's got a pearlescent look to it.

Darker colours will always be more rewarding after a good clean though. If you were to stick with red, try a different shade like a House of Kolor candy apple (bare coin though)

if you do it, do it properly, not cheap but gets the right effect. Mine was fully sprayed champ white and then is pent a small forutne on brand new plastics, lights bolts, screws etc. once done it looked brand new,

it hink with any resprays you should always try to keep it a manufacturer colour, so if you want yellow stick to Honda EPC SUNLIGHT YELLOW (Y56) as used on the Jordan. When you start mixing other manufacturer colours it just looks cheap, not seen many that have pulled it off apart from the the recent laguna seca EP3

What do you mean?

It's a lot of money to get a candy colour. It has layers of different colours of paint to get the right depth.

if you do it, do it properly, not cheap but gets the right effect. Mine was fully sprayed champ white and then is pent a small forutne on brand new plastics, lights bolts, screws etc. once done it looked brand new,

it hink with any resprays you should always try to keep it a manufacturer colour, so if you want yellow stick to Honda EPC SUNLIGHT YELLOW (Y56) as used on the Jordan. When you start mixing other manufacturer colours it just looks cheap, not seen many that have pulled it off apart from the the recent laguna seca EP3

It looks good, but no offence it doesn't exactly look like it's shining. And IMO why should you stick a manufacturers colour if you have the opportunity to have any colour you want? I've seen plenty of cars sprayed a different colour to standard and they look great. It's the body shop that lets it down.

Aaaaarrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh lol. I think I need some sample pictures of various different types of paint and colours. That is the challenge!

That's awesome! Isn't that an FD2 colour? I swear I've seen a purple one.

EDIT:
JDM+Civic+Type+R+ft.jpg

This is cool too
4227498859_c9bfc7ac8e_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back