• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Knocking when cornering

I have a NHB Prem CTR and i get a knocking sound when i take corners sometimes it sounds like when you adjust the seat and it clonks in place, and it is coming from inside the car.

At first i thought it was the steering but now im not so sure, maybe it is the seat?

Has anyone else had this?

Thanks

I reckon one of your engine mounts has gone, more than likely the front one.

That doesnt sound cheap......:(:(

So where would i look, and what am i looking for to see if it has gone?

Ive heard that it is a common problem with CTR's?

What sort of cost would it be for a new one, and will i make it worse by using the car in the mean time?

Thanks

That doesnt sound cheap......:(:(

So where would i look, and what am i looking for to see if it has gone?

Ive heard that it is a common problem with CTR's?

What sort of cost would it be for a new one, and will i make it worse by using the car in the mean time?

Thanks

You have the bonus of being near TGM, why not go there and speak to Tom :smt023

You can check it with a crow bar if the car is up on a ramp, you can see it at the front. Move it and if it is stiff then it's OK but if there's a lot of movement it is more than likely shot.

It isn't expensive but I don't know the exact price, give tom at TGM a call for a quote, if it is that. (01252811972)

I went to see tom on the way home from work, its not the engine mounts!

I think it is coming from inside the car ill have to do some more detective work.

Thanks for all your help.

Engine mounts are an easy job to do yourself.

EDIT.............need to read the whole thread.

Back