• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Kpro for a complete numpty

If you turn your imobizer off in the options menu on Kmanager yes it will.
Hence why you need your laptop and USB cable the first time you do it so you can do this.

ok well i swapped ecu tonight, and car starts (yay)

Do i just take car to dealer tomorrow and they will code it?

nope u have to check the box that says

Immoblizer enabled

and iam sure

OBDII enabled (Sec 02, FTP, Pa, ELD)

then upload the map to ecu

then the car WILL NOT START

(i drive it in to the honda workshop then uploaded map)

then checked it didnt start then they work there magic and all done :D

ur engine light will come on if u have a manifold on or decat as the OBDII sensor is ticked you can now uncheck them and reupload again

Well a quick update on my Kpro adventure..

I swapped the ECU's round myself because Honda wanted £100 to swap them and i'm not paying that for 3 bolts :x So I swapped them over, loaded the standard tuned CTR map in and lowered my vtec point and put in a higher rpm limit...

First drive with it..... wasn't impressed tbh, yeah the vtec came in earlier but that was about it... the whole weekend was like that until today driving home from work.. Not sure what happened but christ! :shock: car was driving fantastic and had power all over the rev range, so much fun to drive and a massive improvement. Only problem now is i am vtecing through all corners and a LSD is def needed...

Next on my list is to get my manifold fitted and get a full tune :twisted: :twisted:

Also got my keys coded at Honda Repair Centre in Fleet. Cost £26 for both keys and the bloke was spot on, took 5 mins. he did tell me that my warrenty is now void, so i pointed out that my car isn't exactly standard so the warrenty was fecked a long time ago :lol:

I know all this has been said before but what the hell! no harm in reading it again :lol:

All I can say is after a few days driving with kpro there s a huge difference and well worth the money

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Harvey said:
....loaded the standard tuned CTR map in and lowered my vtec point and put in a higher rpm limit...

So are you saying you lowered the vtec point and raised the rev limit or just stating the tuned map did this for you? I'm hoping it's the latter!

Nice to hear a good Kpro report I am trying to justify my Kpro which is being fitted at TDI north on the 27th March, So another KPRo bitch for the HET.

So are you saying you lowered the vtec point and raised the rev limit or just stating the tuned map did this for you? I'm hoping it's the latter!

Just seen this post...

i'm now running RSX cold air map 8)

to what i have read is that 1st up you wont notice much difference....only after about 50miles the ECU maps itself and you're in business

i am going in for my kpro soon using a 2nd ECU as backup....can anyone confirm if the keys are coded for the 2nd ecu...will they work for both ecu's then or one at a time??

cheers

i am going in for my kpro soon using a 2nd ECU as backup....can anyone confirm if the keys are coded for the 2nd ecu...will they work for both ecu's then or one at a time??

if I understand what your asking correctly then the answer is no. Your keys are only going to work with the ECU they are coded to. The only way you will be able to use the keys with both ecu's is if you code them to the non-kpro'd ecu and then disable the immobiliser on the kpro'd ecu (can done in kmanager).

:edit: I may be wrong in what I'm saying above, I forgot your only dealing with one car here so I'm not sure what would happen. Best bet would be to phone someone in the know like TDi North, Abbey Motorsport, etc.

Al you're right.
When the dealer recodes the key to your car after an ECU swap, his computer sets something to the ECU and the CAR.

Or at least he does it in a way that makes that ECU work only with that car. And the codes he inputs is only valid on that day, and is based on the VIN of the CTR and the code of the immobilizer that he gets from the ODB2 port.

Anyway that's what I've seen in my experience with KPro.

Last edited by a moderator:
Al you're right.
When the dealer recodes the key to your car after an ECU swap, his computer sets something to the ECU and the CAR.

Or at least he does it in a way that makes that ECU work only with that car. And the codes he inputs is only valid on that day, and is based on the VIN of the CTR and the code of the immobilizer that he gets from the ODB2 port.

yeah I was having a bit of a spack earlier and got myself confused. (busy day in work)

so if both ecu's r mapped to the same car....if its only a matter of "adding" the keys to work with a particular ecu then the same set of keys should work with either of the ecu's on the car

Al you're right.

don't think that's true, the code they get from the vin number is the PCM code this is unique to the car and should be valid at all times because the dealer gave me my PCM written on the receit incase i needed coding doing again.

as for the coding of the keys i think this is a misconception what they actually do is code the ECU to the cars immobiliser and keys, the dealer did tell me the keys lose there code when the ecu is done but when i watched him he didn't actually do anything with the spare key he just tested it worked after the coding was done and it did.

so as for abdultaiyab's question IMO you should be able to have multiple ecu's coded to the car many people who buy Kpro ecu's second hand just swap the old ecu back into the car with no recoding and sell the Kpro on

Quick help here required please for a K-Pro numpty, I mean newbie :D

Getting my Kpro / ECU swapped tomorrow..... Currently running a pretty much standard EP3, Quikshift Induction (but not for long) and Scorpion back box.....

Is this the map I need to use?

k20a2-civictyper-factory.kal :confused:

Also, if anyone could tell me in laymans terms how to upload the new map to the ECU, I'd really appreciate it as I'm completely new to this.

Thanks

Also, if anyone could tell me in laymans terms how to upload the new map to the ECU, I'd really appreciate it as I'm completely new to this.

Thanks

I've found this in the manual now - so question answered; just need confirmation on the map please?

That map is just the standard map and wont make any difference.

You should have this one which will be fine with your mods

k20a2-civictyper-tuned.kal

Back