• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Kpro newbie

Evening all, i have just had kpro fitted. Tbh honest i have no clue how in the hell to work it. It has been mapped for me, which im happy with but i am scared to even open the thing up. Dont know anything about the data loging etc.
Could some kind gent give me an overvue of what it can do and what i can safely nosey about with.
Sorry for dumb ass questions but i am new to all this.

Thanks troops.

To be honest mate, I'd not go anywahere near it then.

If you're not sure about it, best leave it and its settings alone. If you've had it mapped (was it on a RR?) You dont really need to do anything, its already doing its job.

Worst case senario is that you go in, mess about with it and do something negative with the AFR or something. This could end up ruining your engine and giving you a hefty bill.

Best leave it the pro's mate, I do ;) .

If you really want to go in and use the extra features, I'd get someone to show you rather than figure it out yourself, or follow broken instructions off the internet.

Cheers suits,
Was just curious about data logging thingy mei bob. Its been done on rr and live road mapping. Tbh i only bought kpro for the resale value. K100 would have probably been grand for what i need.

Tbh i only bought kpro for the resale value. K100 would have probably been grand for what i need.

Very true.

When I was tunning my EP3 I went for the K100 over the Kpro.

I still got £400 + a OEM ECU when I sold it on though.

Don't fiddle with it. The extra features are supposed to be used by people who know what they're doing.

If you've paid for a remap, then the people doing it should have got the best they could out of the car with the mods on. It should only be changed if either you're unhappy with the map (I would return to the mappers and complain) or if you're putting new mods on. in both cases, get a pro to do it for you.

You shouldn't do anything unless you have got a copy of the map anyway, I used to do bits of datalogging etc in the civic and DC2 but if you're not comfortable then stay away.

Back