• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Krzys' 2005 Cosmic Grey Civic EP3 Type R - Bob

Cool Thread! how are you finding the Project Mu pads?
Cheers!

I actually don't like them that much if I'm honest. They're loud, very dusty and I don't think they work that well for the money I paid.

Had a spirited drive at the weekend doing nothing out of the ordinary (to me anyway) and they were so hot that they were smoking so had to keep moving to let them cool down more. This was after already giving them a cool down period too.

Thats interesting, have you tried the Ds2500?
Yeah that's what the Project Mu replaced, I know they're not the most rated pad on here but I seemed to get on with them okay. Certainly took a beating anyway but in the end I did cook them but they were ready to be changed haha!

Cool thanks for that , the ds2500 was the pad I was going to use , interested in your opinion as you've run the two pad choices I was thinking on .

Yeah I'm going back to them when I can afford the outlay. See how they are with the RPC discs as before I was using Brembo OE discs.

I had ds2500 and then went to pbs, much preferred the pbs. Bite was better and didn't get any fade. For the similar price I'd go for pbs every time.

If it's a road only car I don't think you'd notice any difference apart from noise and dust, of which both were similar in all honesty.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

I had ds2500 and then went to pbs, much preferred the pbs. Bite was better and didn't get any fade. For the similar price I'd go for pbs every time.

If it's a road only car I don't think you'd notice any difference apart from noise and dust, of which both were similar in all honesty.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Could be worth a try, I didn't get fade with the Ferrodo but I have been with the Project Mu which I find odd.

Car gets a bit of all sorts of use really but mostly road. Despite having the track car I do seem to find a way to get Bob on too haha!

Just read a good chunk of this thread - love the car and the mods you have done! If you ever fancy selling, PM me haha! Great work.

Time for an update!

Bob is showing his age in the face now so I spent an afternoon fingering it, this is how it went.

Looking really nice. I might change my headlights this year for fresh new ones, what type did you buy? Genuine Honda or eBay?

Cheers

Very nice. Loving the face in the badge reflection :D
I couldn't get a photo without being in the reflection so had to play on it :D

Looking really nice. I might change my headlights this year for fresh new ones, what type did you buy? Genuine Honda or eBay?

Cheers
Genuine Honda, figured I'd spend the extra for piece of mind, the originals lasted more than ten years so it was no contest really.

Back