• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Launch Control ?

Hi guys
As above I have a question which is this.... My car has launch control, do all EP3's come with this ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would you care to explain EP3 launch control please. It is not something you expect on a Honda Civic unless heavily modified with a launch control setup within an aftermarket ECU package.

When stationary I was revving the car playing with my friend. I put my foot flat on the floor and it only goes to 5500rpm and bounces like a rev limiter. I googled this and it returned launch control. I have only has the car 4 weeks so still new to it.

That is not launch control, that is your Honda ECU stopping you from blowing up the engine by revving like a tw@t whilst stationary.

I'm pretty sure this is a safety precaution to stop idiots revving up their cars in neutral and blowing them up on the drive.

For launch control the car would need a K100/Kpro ECU and you normally find launch control set at 4000rpm

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahagagahahahagahagagagagagahaha thanks for that mate hahahahahaha like a tw@t. That is exactly what is was doing first night I got to drive it properly and got carried away

Hahahahahahahah i really have let myself in for it hahahahah best thing I have seen this week thanks for the laughs Mark Type R.

Moderator please remove this completely stupid post of mine thanks

No chance, you have demonstrated a seriously high level of muppetry and the internet should be allowed to show this, unless you would like to make a significant online bank transfer to my account..............:lol: :lol: :lol:

We appreciate idiocy on TRO. This will be on the Interwebs till the day you pass on from your mortal coil. And even then it will surpass your heavenly being lol.
It's alright bud, someone else will make the same mistake of thinking they have launch control. There's a guy on ITR DC5 forum at the moment talking about it. You're not the first and you won't be the last ;)

Ha, you've taken the abuse well mate. Although I didn't (and don't) rev the balls off mine when stationary, appreciate that when you get a new car, excitement takes over! Enjoy it and keep an eye on your oil levels :)

Back