• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Leather Care

Dear all,

We are about to purchase a 2nd hand car but it has leather interior.

Never having owned a car with leather, I'm just after some advise and recommendations on cleaning products etc to have and where to buy them from.

Many thanks

Gary

Gary - I'll be buying some of the Gliptone leather care products mate. Namely one of their Scuffmaster Automotive Kits. But if the leather in the car is unmarked I'd suggest some of their cleaner (GT12) & conditioner (GT11) mate.
The scuffmaster kits provide both plus more, but it's over kill if they are not marked.

Gliptone Linky

Thanks for the reply Lee.

From my brief look on DW, Gliptone seems to be the abrand/product to go for.

The car is an 08/08 and the interior is pretty immaculate so think i will only need the cleaner and conditioner.

I was initially thinking of using the stuff we got for our sofas but thought "proper" car leather products would be better lol

As per ED - it is worth protecting it Gary. Especially in the winter with low temps.

I haven't used L1 but have used some Gtechniq - fantastic quality products, considering switching all my products to it.

Back