• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

LED sidelights

CTR

Ain't nothin' but a peanut
any sick of the yellow sidelights on their CTR? if so, invest in a pair LED 1's. put a pair on mine on the weekend and they look the dogs. give a nice white intense light. avent ad a chance to c what they look like in complete darkness, but they're class in daylight so can only assume it'll get beta. they're PIAA TERA LEDs H370 from www.priracing.co.uk. very good service. ordered em on the friday, got woke by the postman on the saturday with my items. cost £44 in total with VAT and del. real easy to install. instructions come in japanese and pictures were easy enough to follow but you can also download english instructions from priracing.

colinjy said:
i bet they burn out in the next 3 months

well if they do you can av the last laugh, but i doubt they will. i know from experience that LED's have a much longer life than a normal bulb. even if they do, i'll just buy some more!

colinjy said:
Chief said:
colinjy said:

I've had my PIAA LED Side lights for over a year now with no probs mate. :wink:

ive had 6 sets on 3 diferent CTR's and they've all blown.

thats real strange mate, i have a background in electronics and have dealt with LED's and they have a much longer lifespan than normal type bulbs. stupid question, but were they installed correctly? (ie correct polarity and resistors installed)

MY LED ones always used to blow... tried loads of different types from dlight and PIAA and ebay... ended up using some new PIAA TERRA ones.

Do a search for PIAA TERRA led side lights, you can get them from www.priracing.com.

They are the worlds brightest LED sidelights...they are fookin mental bright. Even come with their own Ballast/Resistor that needs to be wired in to drive them.

I Put them on my type-r and they were awesome..and didnt blow

But they are about £50 i think 8)

colinjy said:

Based on what info exactly Colin?

Comments like that are not welcome IMO.

If you've had problems with any particular mods or parts, then you'd be right to let eveyone know, but to be so negative is borderline childish, more akin to the old site.

I know that's just my opinion, but it's based on common decency and aimed at keeping things clean and tidy. I hope others agree.

Thanks.

y2 said:
colinjy said:

Based on what info exactly Colin?

Comments like that are not welcome IMO.

If you've had problems with any particular mods or parts, then you'd be right to let eveyone know, but to be so negative is borderline childish, more akin to the old site.

I know that's just my opinion, but it's based on common decency and aimed at keeping things clean and tidy. I hope others agree.

Thanks.

read my other posts that back up my comment. i have had these as i have said and they have all blown

I have some philips blue vision bulbs for my side lights.

They match my PolarG main headlights quite well. They are not quite a true white light like the polarG's but aren't yellow like the OEM's

DSCF0372.jpg

frenchy said:

Here you go, PIAA Tera Led's in all there glory!! 8)

:shock: Thats quite an impressive difference over stock.

May be worth an investment there - although not sure they'll work with the HID on the teg :?

I have 5000k hids and i find the led's r slightly whiter, so i think thet your 8000ks will match better :wink:

Back