• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Lee's FN2 GT Ruby!

L33

Hi guys so after 2 years of wanting one i finally purchased an FN2 Type R GT in Milano red.

I loved my previous car a 106 GTi but s soon as i got my new job i was on the lookout:

I had already started looking before my job had been confirmed, as soon as it had been i was applying for finance. After searching for 2 weeks i finally found the perfect FN2!

a 2007 in milano red with GP kit, sat nav and 19" rage alloys all as standard. Two lady owners from new and only 26,000 miles!!

I rang as soon as i saw it and was told someone was ringing to put down a deposit. i badgered the guy for about an hour with calls and he finally told me to come over and he would hold the car for me.

as soon i saw it in the showroom i knew i wasn't leaving without it been mine haha i did the checks recommended on here and took it for a test drive and sorted everything out when we got back.

Here's a couple of snaps i got before i left her at the showroom waiting for the finance to go through:

I went to go pick it up a week later and had a smile on my face all the way home. VTEC is so addictive :twisted:

I already had a little pile of bits for her ready to fit.

The gear gaiter looked like this:

it soon looked like this, courtesy of top gaiters on ebay:

Next was the team hecko wind deflectors as i love the look of them:

I also had some spoon socks for the reservoirs:

A week later i had a new oil cap and mugen radiator cap:

I also bought a load of cleaning stuff for her and gave her a good polish and wax:

So after my first 2 weeks of ownership i can say i'm absolutely loving the type R! i have just bought a HKS RSK induction kit from a member on the other site that also comes with the TDI North Heatshield which is exactly what i wanted and at a great price. that should be with me at some point this week and i thought while i'm fitting that i may as well get a short shifter from short shifters UK on ebay. as well as that i have a MrBozo mirror module on the way. All will be fitted next saturday and i will update.

Hope you like Ruby i sure do... i know my girlfriends not too keen on all the attention and money she's getting haha

Last edited by a moderator:
Engine bay looks immaculate also, have you had it steam cleaned?

I know I couldn't believe the mileage!

And nope not been steam cleaned by me but think the previous owner really looked after her. Used a clay bar last weekend and nothing came off so guessing its been done before...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Also purchased some fog light covers:

evuqe6yv.jpg

Not as blue as what I wanted but I'm happy with them for now.

Also another pick of her:

9esa8y9a.jpg

Looking good Lee, GP pack looks lovely on Milano.

Cheers pal! The GP kit was a must for me as I had the same thinking. Was very lucky that this one came with it.

Also had a delivery today:

re3arune.jpg

MrBozo's mirror mod will be going on this weekend...

After a good few hours spent with the car I have the Japspeed shortshifter fitted, the mirror mod and a non-squeaky clutch!

The mirror mod was very simple using the instructions provided. The shortshifter was an absolute pain!! Getting the rubber bungs out was the first problem and then the filing down took me ages! I am glad I did it though as the car feels awesome. Worth it but do be warned it is a long job. The clutch pedal was easy just followed this link:
http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?90040-Squeaky-clutch-pedal-fix

The HKS RSK did arrive this morning but sadly the seller did not include the bipass pipes :( a quick phonecall and they have been put in the post. Will have to make time next week to put it on as I don't want to wait for the weekend!

In my need to spend more money on her I've bought these:

http://bit.ly/10JcsrB

Some red H badges for the key fob. I couldn't justify spending money on JDM keybacks would much rather spend the money on making it to faster or looking better so this was the key before:

nemute2y.jpg

And after:

bu2aduby.jpg

Looks good and cost a couple of quid!

Just arrived for the wash this weekend

e2yberu8.jpg

It's got brilliant reviews everywhere so thought I'd try it out. Had autoglym shampoo before from a set I got a while back

It's good stuff that. It's what I use.

It was your thread that I first read and saw it on there. After looking around a bit more there's a lot who recommend it. I'm sure it'll do the job for my weekend warrior washes!

Hey pal the link is here:

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47134

Cheap easy mod that makes the mirrors fold in when u lock the car. Thought for the price it may save me coming back one day and finding mine on the floor!

how much did yoy pay for this mate? i saw a couple of price reductions on the first few pages but didnt go through all 120 odd!!

Would i need to be a Civinfo member also?

Back