• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Little Rob's Black FN2 Civic Type R

Had my Type R just over a week but only just had chance to give her a bath. Got to love black paint for reflections! Needs a good polish but pretty happy with how it looks now. Enjoy :cool:

Looking good!

That gaitor is an easy swap too. :smt023

Link wont work lol, but Im sure its the only one on ebay. The seller is called topgaiters, i couldnt be happier with mine.

Yeah that was the seller, don't know what was up with the link

Anyway I've ordered the suede one and its on its way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Made some updates today.

After seeing Topgaiters mentioned quite a few times on the forum and as per seanb123's recommendation above I ordered myself a new suede gaiter from Topgaiters on eBay to replace my tired looking standard leather one. Whilst in eBay I couldn't resist some Mugen goodness as well lol.

Side by side with the current one:

All done:

Mugen touch:

Need to revive the Red on the rest of the engine now though lol.

Looks awesome, I've been wanting some mugen style goodies, but always been worried about the quality of them

Looks awesome, I've been wanting some mugen style goodies, but always been worried about the quality of them

I've been pleased with the couple of bits I have but its hard to tell what's genuine on eBay prior to buying.

I do like this. I should be a soon owner or a NHB FN2 soon. Any other plans?

Most other plans involve replacement / upgrades tbh. Car is over 100k so wouldn't mind some new shocks & springs, and the front end could do with a respray due to Hondas Thin paint bs British Roads! Lol

Got any plans what you get yoursc

My wife has barred me from spending money on it! Won't happen obviously but initial plans when I get it is to clean her and upgrade the sound system and then the tinkering will start once the funds build up!

My wife has barred me from spending money on it! Won't happen obviously but initial plans when I get it is to clean her and upgrade the sound system and then the tinkering will start once the funds build up!

My better half hasn't been quite as mean, especially is she inherited my 13 plate polo when j got the Type R haha.

Yeah sound system is also on my list. Mostly the head unit - I am missing my DAB & iPod/iPhone integration. I think I am going to go all out for a CarPlay head unit!

My better half hasn't been quite as mean, especially is she inherited my 13 plate polo when j got the Type R haha.

Yeah sound system is also on my list. Mostly the head unit - I am missing my DAB & iPod/iPhone integration. I think I am going to go all out for a CarPlay head unit!

Mine does have a sound system in there as I saw a small sub and amp in the boot (lady owner) but I can't remember what headunit was in there! I will just wait till next week before I get the car and start playing with it!

So not updated this for a while. Not much has changes, other than replacing several bulbs that all decided to break separately!

Car has been getting filthy over winter and managed to stay clean for one day:

Before ending up like this after trying a shortcut on the way to work lol:

As I spend about 12 hours a week driving my Type R (daily commuting & working away from home) I Finally got round to upgrading the the awful Honda Stereo for this:

Pioneer SPH-DA120

Despite the rubbish weather this weekend decided to attempt to fit it!

Even after reading the guides this was still and daunting site:

And it's finally in and working:

Next time I am paying someone! It's not sitting completely flush and couldn't use the cage that came with the head unit and so had to use the one one supplied with the fascia. However it's in and secure and works so it will do for now. I will have a go a re-fitting it at some point.

For anyone with an iPhone I would recommend this head unit (or another CarPlay compatible unit) makes life so much easier.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes should have gone with the recommendations of many on here in paying someone to fit the head unit! You learn the hard way I suppose. Still looks clean mine is overdue a clean!

Yes should have gone with the recommendations of many on here in paying someone to fit the head unit! You learn the hard way I suppose. Still looks clean mine is overdue a clean!

I did indeed. Tbh I thought it would fine to fit as I had the kit and had watches couple of videos on taking the dash apart....

... What I hadn't watched was anyone fitting tr new stereo with the fascia afterwards. :(

Next on the list is a reversing camera so I will pay to have that fitted and the fascia sorted out whilst it's being plugged in

Back