• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Looking For An Exhaust For My EP3?

Looking to purchase a new exhaust system soon, Maybe Cat back or full system. Any suggestions?? Not looking for anything that will bleed ears!

Spoon B pipe is around £290 new.

Look here

Spoon N1 is about £315 new.

Look here

Here is a video of Hatton's EP3 with Spoon N1 back box on. Sounds :twisted:

[video=youtube;MC6EP3jjcmI]old link autoupdated[/video]

As you can see, they do look quite small. Quite exspensive as well, but that's because they are Spoon! If it's still too loud, you can buy a silencer/bung for the N1

Spoon can be pretty loud. I'd go for iether the HKS system, or Buddy Club Spec IV. Everyone and his m8 has the spoon :D

Spoon can be pretty loud. I'd go for iether the HKS system, or Buddy Club Spec IV. Everyone and his m8 has the spoon :D

i'm interested in the buddy club IV as a late xmas pressie in the newyear. whats the price of one of them and does anyone have a hattonesque vid to hear it?

i'm interested in the buddy club IV as a late xmas pressie in the newyear. whats the price of one of them and does anyone have a hattonesque vid to hear it?
£450 from unit 8. As for the vid, hope this helps....

Originally posted by Grease Lightening I believe.

[video=youtube;YHqDGYM4PQo]old link autoupdated[/video]

Bazzer from Vtec direct can do you a great deal on spoon exhausts.

Bazza can do a great deal on any part tbh :twisted: I have a few very random bits coming :oops:

Anyway i'd go for spoon over BC anyday, BC exhausts are seriously commen now, more so than spoon imo.

The quality of Spoon is better than Buddyclub. ;)

That is so far from the truth dude. The Buddy Club exhausts are excellent. I have heard of more issue with Spoon than BC. The BC systems we get over here are all made in Japan too (not that that always means something is better), not the ones they got in the US for a while that were outsourced.

I would have another BC any day.

That is so far from the truth dude. The Buddy Club exhausts are excellent. I have heard of more issue with Spoon than BC. The BC systems we get over here are all made in Japan too (not that that always means something is better), not the ones they got in the US for a while that were outsourced.

I would have another BC any day.

I only say this because I have spoken to Tom 'TGM' a number of times about this and he always says the spoon is the better exhaust. I must say from owning a spoon system past and present it has never let me down and the only issue i have ever heard of with a spoon system (and this is not often) is the baffle in the b-pipe going.

I read of problems with BC exhausts all the time on the DC5 forum. Of course this could be with DC5's only and not the EP3. :)

I cannot see how the Spoon is mutch better, as there are a number of factors involved, tuning, other mods, application etc etc. The BC is also a race proven system. Just look at the Spec IV and how light it is, proper push fit as youd expect. It wil be slightly more restrictive to to the compromise in design so it can run quiet during normal driving. IF you want less restrictiveness then youd go for the III. Of course it may not be as tough due to thinner walls, but that is what you get for lightness. I have also heard of spoon and al sorts of other systems having issues. Even Spoon manifolds cracking...

Remember the original poster did not want an over loud system, for me that counts the spoon out. Yes you can run with a bung but that defeats the object really. At least the Spec IV and the HKS system you can run with out such restrictors.

So there :D

I'd go Spoon tbh.

B-pipe will beef things up a bit.
Add the N1 & it'll sound like last years BTCC cars :lol:

Hayward & Scott would be able to fabricate something bespoke for you & never heard anything bad about them, but they aren't cheap.

Aren't Buddyclub made from nasty cheap material in a Chinese sweatshop now? I've heard this from several sources now.

Back