• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Lost thread.....

Hi Nick, does this link work for you?

Where have you got the URL from that you're trying? The thread is in an area of the forum that should be unaffected by the upgrade.

Hi Nick, does this link work for you?

Where have you got the URL from that you're trying? The thread is in an area of the forum that should be unaffected by the upgrade.

Hello mate,

Yeah, it does - cheers.

I treid to follow the link on post 2 of this page......

Hmm, as part of the migration from VB to XenForo it is supposed to put in redirects, I'm not sure why that hasn't worked. I've dug around and found similar cases. I'll see what I can do.

Thanks for bringing this up.

Looks like I need an add-on to fix this, and since I don't have root access to the host I have to ask TGT to do it for me.

As the forum isn't quite as alive as what it once was, I'm going to switch to hosting it myself somewhere. This will be a little bit of work, but once done at least I'll have control of what can be done and when.

I'll speak to Loxy to thrash out the finer details, but I should have this all sorted within a few weeks if not sooner.

Hi @Suits

Old links should work now. Thanks for bringing this up again, it's something which was brought up as part of the site move in 2021, however I hadn't quite realised how bad it was.

Cheers,
Chris

Last edited:
No worries man, great to hear you're looking at future proofing - top effort. Let me know if I can help with anything.

There's a huge amount of info on here, it may not come as a surprise but this place comes up more often than not when Googling stuff for these cars.

Tell Loxy to get his finger out :p .

No worries man, great to hear you're looking at future proofing - top effort. Let me know if I can help with anything.

There's a huge amount of info on here, it may not come as a surprise but this place comes up more often than not when Googling stuff for these cars.

Tell Loxy to get his finger out :p .
Ha. I do question why we bother at times, Facebook has killed the vast majority of forums. Thankfully with free cloud hosting, free signed certificates etc, it's very little money to keep it going. Just a bit of spare time more than anything, thankfully work has been quiet so I've been able to test a lot over the past few days. I'm looking at moving it all on Friday morning and will then sort automated daily backups post move and update the forum software etc.

Nothing required on your part except using the site and reporting any issues you do discover. :)

Back