• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

loud engine tick over - spoon k20

chrisukserv

Banned
am guessing this could be the manifold gasket blowing or the valve alignment

can anyone confirm the engine is a spoon build k20a with spoon pistons, rods, crank valves springs, retainers.

no loss of power though made 245bhp at the wheels... before the problem and after.....

help! :confused:

When you say loud, what sort of noise is it?

I think when valves need adjusting the "tapping" of the engine can get louder.

can anyone confirm the engine is a spoon build k20a with spoon pistons, rods, crank valves springs, retainers.

no loss of power though made 245bhp at the wheels... before the problem and after.....

:eek::eek::eek:

yes its a tap, kind of like tick over soo to speak but a bit loud - dont like adjusting valves anyone know a garage to go to around milton keynes, bucks thats any good.....

WTF:eek:

james you know me, we got gruppe m on it too and some more bits, the thing chips... if anyone live in mk they probably have seen the car

Off topic.

Sounds like a great engine though, what does it rev to and where does it make peak power?

I know who Spoon Sports are Chris, it's just Spoon doesnt list these parts anywhere.... Did you get a receipt with part numbers etc ?

ahh ha !!! I am a two faced monkey its a HKS crank - not spoon!! but the rods definately are spoon - will get part numbers tonight!

Back