• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Low battery setting car alarm off?

Car alarm kept going off the other day whilst at work. Thought I'd fixed it when I removed the bonnet sensor and that had worked until today at work when it suddenly started going off again. I parked it up at 8.59am and then no alarm sounds until about 3pm and then it started going off every 5-10 mins at first and then by 4.30 it was going off every minute or two (that sounds like battery depleting?)

It's an 07 on factory battery so far as I am aware so quite possibly its a bit shot?

Low batteries do cause this problem. Ive seen it on a few EP's - is your a late EP or an FN? I don't suppose it would matter much either way.

I had a funny episode with mine a few years back, alarm playing up, couldn't for the life of me sort it out. Drove it home and it fixed itself. It has never happened since and I am on the same battery.... weird.

Back